Chapter 10

Unbelievable." Ororo muttered to herself in shock as she looked around at the carnage of destroyed stone embedded into several homes and the bodies of soldiers dotted across the ground. There must've been around 200 soldier on the part of the wall that was now gone, though the other soldiers who were helping their fallen comrades asked their King and Queen to leave in case of another attack, they refused as they began to help. One of the first soldiers Ororo bend down to help was mostly fine except for a nasty burn on his leg that was hurting him, using her power Ororo created a block of ice that she had the man press against the burn to ease the pain.

On her fifth patient Ororo heard someone yell "Peter!" And looking around saw Felicia, halfway redress in her uniform, running towards Peter to fling her arms around his neck and passionately kissing him with tears in her eyes. Though they had been keeping the wedding between the Spider and Cat a secret, it was clear that Felicia didn't care at the moment if anyone saw and Ororo couldn't blame her if she was in her place of waking up to an explosion and not sure if her love was among the living or dead. "I'm alright." Peter said hugging his second white haired wife in comfort, while receiving puzzled looks from some soldiers and smiles from people like Ororo or the other Royal Guards who knew of the secret marriage.

After they separated and Felicia dried her eyes she quickly took to action by having the guards take up supervising certain areas to coordinate, through a telepathic connection made by Betsy, the evacuation of the wounded to the nearby hospitals with Lorna helping fairing the most critical there faster by flying them on metal stretchers. Meanwhile as Ororo helped put out the many fires, Peter commanded the rest of the army, not helping in search and rescue, to shore up their defenses around the big hole in the wall while distance cheers could be heard from the Purifier camp and it took all Peter had to stop his soldiers from counter attacking.

"They will pay for this!… But for now we must remember that we need to protect our wounded people as they are attended to!… Plus those Sentinels would crush you before you can get anywhere near the camp!" These were just a few of the things Peter told his troop, who didn't like it but grudgingly agreed. It was almost morning when Peter received as final tally of the dead that totaled about 80 fatalities and 120 wounded, sighing Peter told the soldier to go to Betty Brant with every name of the dead so she could start writing a memorial story for them. There weren't any other actions from the Purifiers until the sun had risen all the way from East when Hawkeye kin eyes up on the wall spotted three of them walking from their camp towards the city, believing them to be more bombers the York defenders hastily prepare to fire when Hawkeye noticed the Purifiers were unarmed and holding olive branches.

"They are probably coming to say that there 'still time' for you to give them the Princess." Hawkeye said to Peter, "No doubt, which they have the nerve to do after what they done last night." Peter replied before saying "Fire an arrow to tell them to stop." And Hawkeye did, firing an arrow across the field to land mere inches from the lead Purifier foot, this stopped the group as Peter called through a speaking trumpet. "If you here thinking that I will negotiate with you cowardly terrorist at all after what you just did, then you can turn around and go back to your camp to prepare for battle." Peter could see the lead Purifier give a shrug like he didn't really care for his answer before his group headed back to their army now getting into formation. "Hawkeye…" Peter said to the purple clad archer, "I want you to take command of theses men on the wall, I'm trusting you to do so." Hawkeye nodded as Peter went organize his troops into position at the wall breach in a row of ten across with their shields sort of overlapping to create a shield wall.

"This is where we hold them! This is where we fight! Here is where their numbers counts for nothing and we can break this army here!" Peter shouted to his men who gave battle hoots in response as they ready themselves for the approaching Purifiers around 6,000 to converge on the wall opening and the remaining 4,000 attacked the wall along with the remaining sentinels. Just like yesterday York loose rocks, arrows and lead balls at the attackers. But unlike yesterday they went away with their mutant protection domes believing they were just facing normal people, which was their mistake since Ororo was on top of high building, out of their weapon range, calling down lightning on both the ladders of the Purifiers trying to scale the wall and the Sentinels to prevent them from full on rushing it.