Chapter 9

Over the following day Peter prepared his city and managed to win the argument he had with his Queen, who, like every other battle, want to fight but because she was now officially three months and a half pregnant. Ororo's belly was starting show the signs pressing against her dresses. Since the Purifiers had mutant canceling weapons, with who know how far of a range, she wouldn't be able to help but be a liability and Peter didn't want to lose her and their child. Seeing his point Ororo finally agreed to stay at the castle with the other mutants including Lorna and Psylock, while Peter stood on the far western wall looking out across rolling fields of green grass with the small Hudson River cutting across it. On the other side was a large hill that obscured the field beyond, Peter was looking through a small telescope when he spotted someone coming over the hill.

It was a man dressed in a blood red tunic and trousers under a grey set of plate armor like the lorica segmentata chest armor that was in turn hidden under a red surcoat with a large white cross on it. A red hood and black vail that hid the man's entire head as he held a mechanical cross-like standard in his gloved hand, "Their here." Peter said "It's only one man." A nearby soldier commented "No, their here." Peter repeated and a moment later the man on the hill was joined by other similarly dressed men, the number quickly growing as the ones in the front moved down the hill. Until it looked like the green grass had turned an unpleasant bloody red color, while sticking above them were three stories tall trolls wearing purple colored armor over their bluish skin.

Theses trolls were known as Sentinels because they were mostly known to stand guard at Purifiers base, also among the Sentinel Trolls were giant scorpions who hard shells were reinforced by similar purple armor and known as Sentinel Prowlers controlled by a rider on top that stop them as the army halted at the river edge. Peter knew they would've probably advance forward, but upon seeing the city being already on the alert for them had put a kink in the Purifiers plans to probably come right up to the walls and strike in a blink before any defense could've been made. Now Peter watched as a man dressed in black instead of red colors, with actually bones/skulls of defiant mutants on his staff and sitting on a just as black horse road across the bridge with a small group of followers as they headed towards the city, knowing this was the envoy Peter quickly went to meet them with his Royal Guards and Felicia by his side.

The two groups met half way between the city and the army, who obvious leader removed his red facecloth to reveal a quite scarred up face. One of his eyes were white and the scars on the sides of his lips actually opened to make his mouth seem bigger as he spoke, "Greeting King Parker, I'm Commander Matthew Risman of the Purifiers." "Hello Risman, before you say anymore know that when a person speak to a king that he is accountable to the words given…" Risman nodded his understanding, "Now what's bring you to my city?" Peter 'asked' with a convincing fake questioning ton in his voice as if he didn't why they came while slightly adjusting the crystal on his chest that relayed the conversation back to Ororo in the castle, "Well I feel needed to inform you that there are criminal mutant in your city." Risman answered. "Criminal mutants? I'm not aware of any criminal mutants in York, have you Captain Hardy?"

"No sire I don't know of any criminals, I do know of some refugee mutants that came not too long ago."

"Those are the criminals we speak off, they have done crimes to the Purifiers and I must incest that you give them to us." Risman said "And what crimes have they people done so horrendous for 12,000 Purifiers to come into my land?" Peter asked his voice still light as he waited for an answer, "For the crimes against humanity of being born of devils and demons." Risman said with a quite convincing voice, but didn't sway Peter one bit.

"Devils and demons you say, well that does seem to be a hellish crime if any I ever heard!" Peter replied with absolute sarcasm before he said with a more stern voice "I say it's at the bottom of the list to what you have done." "I beg your pardon Sire?" Risman started to asked before Peter cut him off. "We can cut the banter now, we both know why you here and I will tell you right now that I will not give you one single mutant to torture, rape and mutilate."