Chapter 4

The warm sun was high in the sky over Harlem, a gentle breeze made flags on top of roofs flap and it almost seemed to be a normal day. Except for the fact that the streets were completely deserted, not a single sole of even a stray cat was out and about inside the city. But it was a different story on outer edges of the city at the company points where life was visible, there was an army on top of the walls that was lead by a Spider Lord who managed to arrive with their forces the day before, the army on the north wall was lead by Lord Miguel O'Hara of Jersey, the south was guarded by Lord Ben Reilly of Queens and the west was headed by Lady Jessica Drew of Brooklyn. Each commanded an army of 4,000 soldiers ready to defend against an attack, though the biggest group of all around 8,000 were gathered on the eastern side of the city that made up of the Spider armies of York and Harlem, all was similarly dressed in the same blue painted plate armor that sort of gleamed in the sun as they around the area below the wall or on top of.

The only exception was the group located on top of the wall in its middle, made up of twenty-eight people, twelve of them were dressed in dark purple and black armor that was the color of the Harlem guards lead by Phin Mason, better known as the Tinker for her creative skills to made magical devices for the Guard to morph into different weapons called 'Programable Blades'. The devices were experimental and was just getting into transition of being given to other cites Guards like the other group of twelve people dressed in black and white uniformed armors. Who, a course, was headed by Felicia Hardly, her's outfit almost didn't look like armor but a tight black leather bodysuit, except for the black cuirass that had white outlines and the completely white thigh high greaves and vambraces with attached gauntlets which had mounted black blades on the tips of her fingers like cat talons.

Who also had a unique weapon in the form of a bladed whip wrapped around her slender waist and that Felicia adjusted as she looked over at the four people standing in the front of the army that stood out from everyone else. The reason why was because one of them was dressed in black plated armor with thin red lines on top that made it look like a red web was splattered onto of the black and on top of it both the front and back was the red spiders that sprayed it.

Next to him Lady Gwen was a contrast looking like wearing a suit like Felicia, except it was white with no webs but instead it looked like a large black spider symbol was placed on top with it arms running around her sides and down her arms that adjusted the white hood cowl she wore over her head. Though they were an impressive sight, it was the other two royals that drew Felicia's attention like her King who armor looked almost like Miles, except it was black webs against the red plates placed on top of his blue under armor exposed on his sides and the larger white spiders that rested on top of his chest and back as his red and black Great Helm rested under his arm.

As for the Queen, like Felicia, there was many in the army that thought since she had been Queen of Wakanda that she would wear a outfit that represent the real kingdom she was 'loyal' to. Yet they were all surprise because Ororo wasn't wearing Wakanda armor, instead she was dressed in a custom made grey armor one piece suit with black webs and spider on the front. The only Wakanda thing Ororo wore was her natural black headdress crown, while also black long armor boots covered her from knee to feet, leaving her bare thigh exposed. Attached to Ororo's back was a cape that looked like a giant grey/black web, which tips was attached to the tops of the grey vambraces around her forearms and flagged in the breeze blowing across the enormous field.

Which was bare of anything for about 1,500 yards, beyond that was a different story because there stood a figure on the grass. Who, from the immense distance, was sort of hard to make out much detail. To some it might've been a bear standing on it hind legs or a gorilla, but they immediately knew it wasn't either because neither a bear or gorilla had dark green flesh. Thanks to her Mutant powers Ororo could actually see through the elements point of view and was able to properly describe the creature, who was humanoid standing over ten feet high with scaly green arms just like a gorilla if not for the rows of curving spikes coming out of the bare forearms and shoulders.