Chapter 7

Life was good in the kingdom of York, the people were happy because of the great harvest they had. A big thanks for that came from their beloved Queen using her mutant storm powers to water the crops, this along with the Spider like outfit she wore when she and the King went to deal with a large monster gave her the mantle 'Spider-Storm'. It been little over two months since the pregnancy new was revealed and it was just like any other day with King Peter sitting in his throne room, to his right sat his Queen, Ororo, while standing to his left was his Royal Captain Felicia who was also his new second wife that was indicated by the silver ring on Felicia's left hand.

It had been a small, quiet and private ceremony with only Ororo, along with former Queen of Wakanda Ramondo, Princess Shuri and the other Spider-Lords and Ladies as witnesses. There was no news of the wedding either because both Peter and Ororo didn't want former Queen Mary Jane to find out yet as punishment for her and T'Challa's affair before the treaty at the Neutral Festival, at any case Peter was ruling his kingdom when a messenger from the city's western gate came in and knelt in front of the King.

"Your Majesty."

"What is it?" Peter asked gesturing for the man to rise, "There are a group of people at the gate, they said their refugees from the Kingdom of Genosha and requested for sanctuary." Peter saw the same surprise expression on Ororo's face as they looked at each other. Genosha was a small country that population was made up mostly of power gifted mutants like Ororo, they lived mostly in peace except there were fanatic groups of humans, even in York, that saw mutants as monsters who had to be put down, they banded together under the name of the Purifiers and began a war against the country.

Many lives were killed, with the few survivors telling horrific stories of what the Purifiers did, most of the other Kingdoms, including York, offered Genosha aid. But King Erik Lensherr or better known as Magneto refuse help, claiming that this was their war and would fight for their rights themselves. Ororo had offered wished she could help since many of her mutant friends known as the X-Knights had to fight theses radicals who didn't have honor, not like Peter who got to his feet. He ordered the horses to be ready before telling the messenger to go back to the gate to let the refugees in, Peter turned to his Queen.

"Need I ask for your company?" He asked holding out his hand that Ororo took as she answered, "Not one bit, let go." And followed closely by Felicia, the King and Queen went to the stables to climb onto their horses Ben and May and ride to the gate. There was around ninety refugees and it were clear that they were mutants because many of them had different colored skins/hair or an added appendix like an extra limb or wings. The clothes they wore was ragged and dirty as if they been living rough, 'Which they probably were.' Peter thought as he climbed off his horse and approached the huddling group, who looked at him with nervousness or fear.

"Don't be afraid, no harm will come to you. I'm King Peter Parker, welcome to York." Peter noticed how thin some of the refugees were, "Felicia, send a message to the nearby shelter and tell them to get started on making food." Felicia nodded as Peter turned back to the group, "You must be hungry, if you follow my Captain she take you to get something to eat. But first I must ask, who's the leader of this group, I wish to speak with them."

For a moment none of the mutants moved, then from them came three people who wore cloaks pulled over to hide their appearance. "You are the ones in charge?" They nodded their hooded heads, Peter was about to ask them to reveal themselves with Ororo stopped him before saying. "Will you please accompany us to talk privately?" The three again nodded and going over to the nearest house, who occupants were watching, asked the owners if they could use their home to talk with their guests.