Chapter 30

Coming out the other side of the portal Peter and Amora found themselves standing on a large bridge that seemed to be made of either glass or diamond which had streams of rainbow color energy running through it. Beneath and to either of where the two stood was a giant moat of water curving in the distance around a giant stone wall nearly twice the height of York city walls, while the 'rainbow' bridge headed towards the massive metal/wooden doors set into the stone. Standing at it base was three men, two were dressed in matching black and gold armor with elaborate design helmets that looked like the men had forward and divided halos on the top. They were armed with spears and shields, while the third man, who skin was then the two fair men, had a large sword which he rested his dark hands on top of the pommel as the blade tip touched the non scratched bridge, he was wearing near identical armor to the other two except it was red instead of black and his helmet looked like he had metal horns.

Peter was able to make out the man's eyes through his helmet which were golden and seem to look straight through Peter to his very soul, "That is Heimdall, the guardian of the gates of Asgard, his power of omni senses allows him to see many things like a single drop of dew fall from a blade of grass a thousand lands away." Amora explained "So it probably safe to assume that he witness what just happened?" Peter asked "More than certain he have, Master." Amora answered and Peter said "Ok for the time being, you will refrain from calling me Master, it might not help us explain things to your husband, for now refer to me as Peter or your Majesty, understand Amora?" And the blonde goddess nodded "Understood Peter, now shall we go." Peter also nodded and the two began forward.

As they approached the two guards went into a fighting stance until their boss gestured them to relax and they did as Peter stopped and bowed his head, "Greetings Sir Heimdall, I am…" "I know who you are King Peter Parker of the land of York." Heimdall cut him off and Peter attempted to keep his composure even though he felt like this Asgardian was able to read his mind, "Then you are aware of why I'm here with Lady Amora." He asked and Heimdall nodded "I am and I must say that of the many things I have seen across this world, what just happened was a first for me to say the least and more so though it shouldn't have but did, you generally surprised me when you didn't try to take advantage of Lady Amora like King Stark would have done."

"I will take that as a compliment, so will you allow us passage through to speak with King Thor?" Peter request and Heimdall nodded "I have already arranged transport to take you to the palace, may your audience with the King goes well." Tapping his sword tip three times into the ground Heimdall stepped aside as the massive door swung inwards, giving the gate guardian another bow Peter and Amora walked through to a literal flying boat waiting for them. From the air Peter was given a marvelous view of the city of Asgard, both York, Attilan and even Wakanda paled in comparison to the grander of this place. The architectural of the buildings was completely unique and many were design in ways like they were sculptures, while some were actually floating in the air and the ones on the ground had elongated pointed roofs that nearly reach the same height.

But all of them were practically dwarfed by the biggest building of all, the Royal Palace of Valaskjalf in the city center which to Peter sort of looked like it was made up of several cylinders piled together from smallest at the edge and that grew in size and height as it got closer to the middle. Where the largest and highest cylinder stood taller then the rest and mounted on its top was a massive head piece that looked like both a horned crown and the head of some kind of humanoid fire monster with curving horns. "The head of the fire demon Surtur. Defeated by the All-father Odin during Surtur attempt to bring Ragnarok to Asgard, but sadly Odin payed the ultimate warrior price and now sits in the halls of Valhalla with his wife Frigg." Amora explained to Peter staring at the head that still fiery eyes seemed to be watching him as the boat flew beneath it on the way to the main entrance to the palace.