Chapter 59

After getting over their surprise about the carpet Felicia, Betsy, Janet, Crystal, Rogue and Morrigan all huddled around Peter as he examined the oil lamp. Though it had some ornate designs on it, the lamp looked like a ordinary oil lamp and Peter might've started to doubt it's importance until he noticed some words engraved into the metal. "I think there's something written here, but it's hard to make out." Peter rubbed the lamp trying to clear up the grime to read the words, when suddenly smoke started to come out of the chimney, the lamp began to glow and shake violently almost out of Peter's hands but he held on as a massive cloud of blue and gold smoke burst from the hole. Instead of dissipating the cloud stayed together as it reconfigured itself into a sort of human-like shape with arms, a chest and a head that included eyes, a nose, ears and a mouth that opened wide as the smoke figure let out a yell.

"Aaaaahhhh!" Then his body changed from smoke to become solid as the figure followed the yell with an "OY!" As he reached up to rub his neck and commented "Ten-thousand years will give ya, such a crick in the neck!" Peter's own mouth was opened as he stared at the strange man, who wore nothing except for a pair of very ordinate golden bracelets on his forearms and a red sash around his waist. He might've been ordinary with a black goatee and an almost bald head except for the black hair he had being tied up into a high ponytail on top of his head, but the unordinary part of the man was the fact that he wasn't wearing pants mainly because from the waist down below the sash his body was still made up of the blue and gold smoke still trailing out of the lamp in Peter's hands. While from the waist up the man's skin was in fact blue as a blueberry and looked indeed solid any other as the guy reached up with his blue hands to loudly crack his neck, followed by his arms and back "Whoa! Does it feel good to be outta there!" The man said finishing his cracking before he looked at Peter and saying.

"Now who are you that rubs my lamp?" It took a second for Peter to find his voice before he answered "I am King Peter Parker of York." "A King huh, must be a good one if the old Lionel is letting you into the Cave." The man commented out loud to himself while Peter asked "Who or what are you?" The blue man looked at him puzzled, "I would have thought it should been obvious, I am a Genie." Seeing the still confused expression on Peter's face the Genie muttered to himself "Uh, guess being away for 10,000 years is long enough for them to forget about you." He then noticed the magic carpet, "Hey, Rugman! Haven't seen you in a few millennia! Slap me some tassel! Yo! Yeah!" The carpet flew over to give Genie a high five before he turned to Peter. "Guess I'll have to give you the tutorial. I am the Genie of the lamp in your hands, here direct from the lamp, for your enjoyment wish fulfillment."

"Wish fulfillment?" Peter asked and the Genie nodded as he held up three finger, "That right, three wishes to be exact. And ix-nay on the wishing for more wishes, three wishes only. I'm your friendly wishing Genie at your service, you ain't never had a friend like me." Genie boasted a bit until Peter asked a clarifying question. "So you're gonna grant me any three wishes I want?" Genie replied with "Ah, almost. There are a few provisos, a couple of quid pro quos. Like, rule number one: I can't kill anybody. So don't ask. Rule two: I can't make anyone fall in love with anyone else, though judging by theses lovely ladies you don't need my help. Anyway, rule three: I can't bring people back from the dead. It's not a pretty picture and I don't like doing it!"

"I bet." Peter commented before Genie finished, "Other than that, you got it. So what will it be Master?" He looked expectingly at Peter who exchanged looks with his group before he said "Well I don't know what to wish for at the moment, but I'll let you know when I do. But in the meantime would you like to join us for dinner?" Genie looked a bit surprise by Peter's question but he nodded "Oh, sure I would like to have something else then magic food to eat after ten thousand years, if you sure you don't mind, Master?" "Not at all, please have a seat and there no need to call me Master, you can call me Pete or Peter, whichever one you want to use." "Okay, thanks Pete." Genie said and he positioned himself floating next to Peter as he accepted a plate of food from Felicia, who, just like the rest, after getting over her surprise at the blue man appearance, treated him like an old friend that further confused Genie at the people who had rubbed his lamp.