Chapter 33

Knowing just teleporting to the front would've resulted in being attacked Peter listen to both Heimdall and Amora advice on the best course, which was to arrive far outside of the city and scout out the best course in. From a small ridge Peter looked out with enhance sight towards the once prove and fortitude wall of Asgard, which now had large pieces missing in several spots and some proportions were completely gone to leave far size spaces in the wall that was guarded by assortment of creatures. Some looked almost human except for the fact that they had very pointed ears and distinctive blue skin, Amora said they were the dark elves from Svartalfheim, while there was a variety of different monsters from trolls made of rock to ogres that looked like scaled down version of the Hulks from the Wastelands. But the ones that truly stood out was the literal Frost giants from Jotunheim that almost seem to be made out of hardened ice as they stood as high as the walls they stood guard at the holes in it.

"So, what's the plan on getting inside?" Sue asked and after a moment of thinking as well surveying the scene before him, Peter replied "It would be too dangerous to sneak in right now during the day, we'll wait until night come to make our move. In the meantime, Emma, Betsy can you read those beings minds?" To which the two telepaths answered that the dark elves they could hear their thoughts, but the rest was not since most had animalistic minds. "Ok, Emma find out the enemy patrols through the elves minds along with who the other leaders are and Betsy, if you can, see if you can find where the prisoners are being kept." The ladies complied and while they did this the rest began to form a strategy on how they would get inside with Amora creating a small magical diorama of Asgard to better help them.

A couple of hours past and night came cast almost everything in shadow, with the only illumination coming from a scatter of torches and the glow of the still intact rainbow bridge but which didn't help light up the dark fields around the wall. Which, along with making their Symbiotes completely black, helped Peter and his ten wives to make their way across the field dotted with several craters from the recent battle that only helped the group hide more, and thanks to the giants the moat was frozen solid, as they got closer to a part of the wall that was reasonably well intact. Since Peter was the Symbiote King, many of his spider traits were transferred into his wives Symbiotes, this included his webbing and 'stick them' powers that, while the ones that could fly did, the women who couldn't fly used them to wall crawl up the stone with incredible speed, when they reached the top they found two dark elves on guard who might been able set off the alarm. But the two never saw the intruder thanks to their minds being tricked by a telepathic move to make them see absolutely nothing except thin air as the group walked around them and repelled by webs down the other side of the wall.

On Peter's first trip to Asgard it was a glorious sight to see and radiated life, but now the once proud city was cold and a sorry sight to see if many buildings damaged and even some still on fire from the battle. The streets were deserted except for enemy patrols since Betsy learned that the citizens were all moved to the largest buildings that became their prisons, allowing many of the patrols to just barge into the homes and ransack them. 'This can't be Asgard, it should be alive even at night with Asgardians not smelly trolls.' Amora thought and Ororo agreed 'Betsy and I been here before during my time as a X-Knight, last time everyday was like a festival.' Feeling their sadness Peter mentally said 'It will be again, I promise, once we overthrow that pretender.' Warmed by his words of encouragement Ororo and Amora smiled before they pressed forward to the palace.

For normal intruders it would've been difficult to find a way in since Loki would have all the secret passages blocked and guarded, but a course the Spider King wasn't a normal intruder as he and his spidery wives got inside by a route that couldn't be protected. Which was water main that pipes lead underneath the palace, with a force field from Sue pushing away the stream of water and Lorna guiding by feeling where the metal went the group made their way through the sewer until reach the spot. Using her magic Amora summoned a portal-like door that first was the size of a coin, which the tiny Janet flew through to scout ahead before giving the all clear for the rest to come through to a dark corner of a hallway.