☆ Don't Lie ☆

*╔═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╗*

Warnings: This is a promotional chapter for an upcoming fic for Seventeen, this promo is composed of a little snippet of the story that isn't spoilers

Warnings: This is a promotional chapter for an upcoming fic for Seventeen, this promo is composed of a little snippet of the story that isn't spoilers. Just enough to give you a taste. Feel free to ignore if you aren't interested.

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

" I'm terribly sorry, sir! I wasn't paying attention, oh gosh, this is terrible... "

For someone who just got a cup of hot coffee dumped on their clothes, the man was extremely calm. Unlike their assistant, who had wide eyes and was about to say something when the man raised his hand to stop him while still looking at me.

" Miss, are you alright? Did you get burned? "

" I'm fine, you're the one who took most of the damage! Are you alright? Why am I asking that? You got scalding hot coffee on you, you're definitely not alright- "

" I assure you that it's not as bad as it looks. But I have to admit the coffee went through a large part of my clothes... "

Indeed, the man's suit was ruined, possibly definitely. The worst is that it looks kind of expensive, more expensive than what I can afford with my government help. I cringed in mental pain as I had to do what I had to do.

" I can't apologize enough, sir. I will pay for the damage, well I will do my best no matter how long it takes! "

This made the man chuckle as he simply took off his coat (which got a majority of the damage) and handed it to his assistant who held it for him. With his costume coat off, I could see his shirt hugging his arms, which revealed to be quite toned. This coat hid it well.

" Far from me is the idea of making you pay for this. The most important thing is that we're alright, and I can feel how sincere you are in your apologies. However, if you still feel sorry, then we can have dinner when you're free. "

I was completely flustered now by the turn of events, I thought this rich guy would get mad, but now he is inviting me for dinner?! But before I could answer, his assistant, who was on the phone, leaned in to whisper something. This made the man pout slightly before sighing and reporting his attention back to me again.

" It seems we will have to cut the conversation short. Here's my business card. Give me a call whenever you want. "

As he handed me the card, a black car with tinted windows pulled up next to us. The driver opened the door and the man went inside after giving me a wave. His assistant was quick to follow him, but before that, he approached me with a small giggle as he rubbed his nap.

" Don't worry about today, I spashed coffee on the boss before, but I'm still here! Though I did get a scolding. Anyway, don't feel bad about it! It happens to the best of us! "

He gave me his card with a wink and went in the car took. I watched them leave, and once they were out of sight, I glanced at the two business cards.

" Lee Woozi - Attaca Entertainment company CEO "

" Lee Dokyeom - Attaca's Law Firm Lawyer "

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

" ...Hoshi I'm scared. "

" Why are you scared? You have nothing to be afraid of. "

The both of us are sitting quietly together in the park, looking at the starry night sky. This moment was usually one of peacefulness and joy, but I couldn't contain my sadness. He must have been aware of it as he put his hand on top of mine, his face still looking up.

" I'm scared for you... "

" You don't have to be. I'm a big boy, I can hold my own. I mean, until now, I held myself up pretty well. "

" But not now, not with what's going to happen tomorrow. It doesn't matter to them that you aren't a part of this mess. You are still a danger for them! They don't want to see it any other way... "

I couldn't repress my tears anymore as a sob escaped my throat. Hoshi turned to face me, and with gentle hands, he held my face.

" Don't cry, Y/n, you shouldn't waste your tears on someone like me. I knew what I was getting into when I started this life, and I don't regret it. It's unfortunate that the circumstances led to this and that I may not be able to see their downfall. But... If it wasn't for those circumstances... I wouldn't have met you, my shining star... "

" Hoshi... "

" And then this fierce tiger may have met his doom earlier here if it wasn't for your light. So cheer up, alright? I don't plan to simply let them sentence me away! I will give it my all and show then how dangerous a tiger can be! They will regret ever trying to make me disappear and take revenge on those scums as I should! "

My tears had stopped while he spoke, and he was sporting his familiar smile as he wiped them away. He brought me closer in his embrace, and I didn't push him away, definitely intending to melt and stay with him longer.

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

" You're a strange and mysterious boy, you know that? "

" That's rude. "

I don't think it's strange to state the obvious. This guy, even if he dresses casually and seemingly, tries to act normally and feels so out of place. However, although a man of few words and who seemingly don't move around much in his daily life, he carries around a confident and powerful aura.

" Fine, fine, I apologize. I'm Y/n. What's your name? "

" Me? I'm huh... Vernon. You can call me Vernon. "

" Curious and curiouser... "

" And after that, I'm supposed to be the strange one? "

" Well, it's not every day that uncommon personalities such as yourself show up, especially with the current situation. I fear this might just make you suspicious in the eyes of the authorities. Your look doesn't match your behavior, I mean, like I can feel like a confident and powerful vibe from you! "

This comment hit a nerve as he stood up straight and seemed in deep thought over it. I thought I had really upsetted him this time and was about to apologize when he looked at me with a determined gaze, making me feel little.

" Then... Do you mind together Y/n? What do people usually do? "

" Oh boy, let me tell you all- "

♤~♡~◇~♧ ♧~◇~♡~♤

*Sipping orange juice in Mafia*

And there it is for this shameless self-promotion!

I got you 3 different scenes from different points in time of the story. They aren't necessarily in chronological order, too. Well, I guess I should tell you more about it now that you're still here.

Basically, the story is based on their emission "Going Seventeen" episodes called "Don't Lie" where they play Mafia (westerners are maybe more familiar with the name Werewolf) . I would recommend watching those episodes if you want. It's not necessary, but it can help with some lore understanding or just familiarize yourself with the cast/members.

Otherwise, I hoped you liked this bonus chapter, even if I know some of you probably don't care. But that was my first time doing this and I had fun. And also it's my book so I do what I want.

On this note, next chapter is obviously regular story.

Stay tuned for more!~☆