you make me feel like a fool waiting for you - j.o

In which you would wait for her 

Listen to: Fool - Frankie Cosmos

You and Jenna knew each other. You would somehow run into her all the time. Each time you both would fall into a conversation, catching up. You both kept on making plans to hangout, but it never made it out. 

She was busy, being an actress. You were busy, being you. But yet, you fell in love with her. Admiring her in every show she was in, enjoying the conversations you both would have, watching her interviews.

Jenna had an affect on you, that no one else has. You so desperately wanted to text her, ask her out on a date, but you just couldn't. You would hear about her failures with dating, it made you feel pathetic that you cried over a girl that you barely talk to. 

As the days go by, you started seeing her less and less. It killed you. 

It felt as if the universe was against you.

Months pass by, and you still think of her, and what she could be thinking of. You would wonder to yourself, does she still know you? Does she remember all the conversations you two would have? You couldn't handle not knowing if you were even significant enough for her to remember you.

But you couldn't just text her.

That would've been way too awkward.

What you didn't realize was that Jenna would wait for you to text. Each day, she would check her phone, wanting to see your contact name pop up.

It was awkward for her to text you first.

She loved the conversations you two would have, missing the way you used to make her laugh. Each time that she shut you down because she had work, made her feel so guilty. She wanted to go out with you, fool around as if no one was watching. 

____

"Why don't you just," Your best friend was sick of your complaining. "Call Jenna up? You know, instead of being a little coward and-" Your phone buzzed, you grabbed it feverishly.

Jenna :D
we should hangout

"Ha!" You laughed at your best friend's face. "She texted first!" Your best friend rolled her eyes, sick of your shit.

"Yeah! And you don't need to keep complaining to me about how you didn't see Jenna." You shook your head, a goofy grin on your face. "Well?"

"Well what?" You cocked your head confused. She gave you a look.

"Are you going to text her?" She threw her hands up, covering her face with her hands and groaning at your stupidity.

You shook your head. "I have to wait a bit, I don't wanna seem desperate."

"Oh my god! I'll do it!" She grabbed your phone, typing something. "Here."

You

sure! when are you free?

You just glared at your friend. "Bitch, are you going to send it?" Her finger hovered over the send button, looking at you for approval. You bit your inner cheek, shrugging. You dropped your shoulder as you watched the message deliver. Your heart pounded against your chest, you took the phone, desperate to distract yourself. 

Jenna :D

next saturday

5?

ill pick you up

you

sure

You hesitated, heart still pounding.

you

its a date :)