I'd like for you and I to go romancing - wa

In which you truly mean something to her

Listen to: Good Old Fashioned Lover-Boy - Queen

Wednesday's always hated color, and the idea of succumbing to pop culture. She liked to be different, to stick out in the worst way.

So, falling in love with you was something that no one expected.

Although she says she hates it, she absolutely adores you and your weird little antics (gestures). She found them somewhat endearing, though she would never accept it from anyone else. You were the golden retriever to her black cat.

"Whatcha' making, y/n?" Enid asked, peering over your shoulder. You glanced at the girl before going back to what you were doing.

"Just making a gift for Wednesday." The tip of your tongue poked out of your mouth as you carefully toyed with the silver. 

She furrowed her eyebrows as she took a seat across from you, watching as you worked carefully. "Why? Her birthday already passed, your anniversary isn't for a while, and there aren't any holidays coming up." 

"I don't know, I just felt like making her a little gift, I was bored and had some scrap materials." You never took your eyes away from what was below you, making sure that every move you made led to it's perfection. You placed your tools down, cleaning up your area before grabbing a piece of paper and a pen. You placed it carefully on the table, perfectly in view for Enid to see, while you wrote up a small letter.

She leaned in to take a good look at it. "You're giving her a necklace? I thought Wednesday doesn't like color?"

"It's not just a necklace." You picked it up, shining a light through it. "I figured out how to like literally insert my writing into the necklace. So, I wrote up Wednesday's favorite poem of mine, and when you flash a light through it," A projection of the poem showed onto the wall. "It can project the poem. Or you could just look at it through the light. Wednesday doesn't really like presents and cheesy stuff, but she's gonna take it."

"That's such a nice gift." Enid squealed, obviously excited. Yoko, a good friend of yours, came into the room.

"Woah, what's with the screaming."

"Y/n just made the cutest gift ever!" 

"It's really not that much, I was kinda bored-"

"Holy shit, that's actually really nice." Yoko commented, eyes on the necklace as well. "Isn't this like too cliche for Wednesday?"

You just shrugged, you didn't care whether Wednesday liked the actual gift or not, you knew how much she appreciated you for putting in a lot of time for her. "Twenty bucks says she wears it." Enid held out her hand for Yoko to shake. You just chuckled as you finished writing. 

"Deal." 

_____

"Okay, look." You started as you sat beside your girlfriend. "I know I've given you a lot of gifts already, but I was bored and I had a lot of scraps-"

"You made me another gift, didn't you." Wednesday sighed, making you nod. Though she wouldn't show it, it warmed her cold heart that you constantly put in effort for her, even when it's a little difficult for her to reciprocate. 

You pulled out the bag with the necklace and letter. "You don't have to wear it, but I thought it was a little cool." You mumbled, showing her the necklace. "I know you liked when I write for you, so I put it in the necklace." You watched her as she peered into the necklace, a smile still on your face, it grew a little seeing the slight quirk of her lips.

"Could you help put it on?" She asked, obviously a little awkward. You nodded and clasped the necklace around her neck.

"I know you don't like color, so you don't have to keep it on-"

"Shut up, I'm never taking this off." You raised your eyebrows at her, a little shocked at how little she hesitated. "Thank you." Her hand dropped to her lap, grabbing yours in the process. 

You could sense that she wanted to say something else, but was holding back. "But...?"

"I feel... slightly guilty." You looked at her, waiting for her to continue. "You continue to create these amazing gifts for me, and do all these things for me, yet I don't do the same. I want to show you how much I truly appreciate you, but it's a little difficult."

"That's okay. That's the thing about relationships, don't worry about paying me back. Just as long as I know how you truly feel about me. The way you love may be different how I love. I like to give you gifts, and I'm physically affectionate. I don't expect the same from you, gifts and physical touch may not be your type of thing." You shrugged. "Take your time with figuring out what the fuck love is. Not everyone can get it on their first try and that's okay." 

She could feel a small smile break through, your words were comforting. "Thank you for your patience, Y/n." She paused, admiring how you just kept on looking at her with such adoration and love within your eyes. From others, it would seem weird, but from you, it gave her a sense of belonging. Not one that leads to conforming into a society, but one that makes you realize that you've found your home. She loves her family, yes, but her love for you was on a different level. "I love you."

Your eyes lit up, a goofy grin breaking out. "I love you too."

bonus:

"You owe me, Yoko!" Enid yelled, right after what you told her what happened. You just rolled your eyes with a smile, your heart still fluttering at Wednesday's words.

okay so like, i wrote parts for the stu machers sister one bc i watched scream six. one part has no spoilers, the other does. ill probably post the one without soon, and then the actual movie like in a few weeks.