You don't know the half of it - pa

In which the devil is too charming to resist

Listen to: Devil's Advocate - The Neighbourhood

tw satan stuff lol

Phoebe's eyes were on you, specifically your hands, as they moved effortlessly on the fretboard. It had been quite a few months since the incident, you were the only one that never died by drinking the blood. Plus, you knew all about what happened between Cole and Phoebe.

You were there after all. 

Cole didn't remember you, nor saw you, but Phoebe did. She knew and saw you very well. 

And now here you are, singing with your band for the high school prom. Girls and guys fawning at the front. You and your singer took turns with singing, performing the song that blew up around your school. 

You smirked, seeing Phoebe's eyes on you instead of Cole, as the song came to it's close. You slid the strap off your guitar, placing it carefully on the stand before taking the microphone off the holder. "How are we doing tonight?" You yelled out, causing very loud cheers within the school, the loudest you've heard since moving to the school. It was surprising to everyone, including the teachers. You chuckled, looking to your band, who was looking at you confused. You shrugged before turning back to the crowd. "Listen guys, as much as we'd love to play the whole night, a girl's gotta dance, so..." Many boos and upset sounds went around, making you laugh. "Hey, I never said we were done. We'll be back in around twenty, so enjoy the DJ. Don't worry, I picked the mix, so if you love what we sing, queued up are a bunch of other songs that are similar." You waved before walking off of the stage. 

"Holy shit, I don't think I've ever heard the school be that loud, not even at other dances." Your drummer, Austin, buzzed on excitement. "I didn't even think they liked us." 

"They love us, everyone does. Why wouldn't they?" You shrugged innocently, going off to grab punch. Your singer, Clarissa, followed after you, she knew something was up.

You were caught in a conversation, talking to some girl, who was definitely tipsy off of the spiked punch. She was all flirty and touchy, all over you. You didn't mind, but Phoebe certainly did. She wanted to go over to her, claim you as hers, no matter how weird it sounds. Just before she could go after you, you were swept away by Clarissa. You chuckled, waving at some guy before turning towards the girl. "What's up?"

"What did you do?" You knew immediately what she was talking about, but you played dumb.

"What do you mean?" Your eyebrows were knitted together, your eyes flickering between her and some figure behind her. You tensed, ever so slightly, not even Clarissa could catch it, but the figure behind her did. It nodded, letting you spill the truth. "Fine, a deal was made."

She looked lost. "What do you mean?"

"A deal was made, so that we're going to be famous. We're going to get that life we always wanted; the dirty money, the one filled with hatred and drugs. We're going to get it all." You smiled menacingly. "Just like we've always wanted."

"At what cost?" She was slowly losing your temper, making you laugh.

"Don't worry about it." 

"At what cost, y/n!" She exclaimed, raising her voice. "You make a deal with the fucking devil, and not tell us the cost? Are you fucking insane?" Her arms were flailing around. "I'm fucking leaving."

You caught her wrist, pulling her close, your smile gone. She could tell there were no emotions within your eyes, they were dull, empty, terrifying. "You can't leave," You seethed, pulling her close. "It's too late, you're already in it, there's no getting out of it." You gripped even tighter, making her let out a small whimper of pain. "Don't blame me for this. Jackson was the one who made the deal."