But I just can't be with you like this anymore - wa

In which death is whom she loved most

Listen to: Alejandro - Lady Gaga

Tw death and other things surrounding death

You chuckled as you faded into view. "You know, I can't keep doing this with you." You told the girl, sending the soul off. 

"Yet you always come by." She retorted, making you roll your eyes as you sat by her.

"Like I have a choice," You huffed. "Who is it this time?" You cocked your head to the side, looking at her curiously. She nudged her head towards the body. "Huh, I never expected that from you." You hummed, moving your head to see if you can understand it a different way. "At least I can see the face."

"Death..." She trailed off, making you hum in response before looking at her. "Why can't we be together?" Your eyes widened, your nonexistent heart drumming. "What's stopping me from killing myself just to be with you?"

"If you die before you're actually supposed to be dead, I'm not going be the one taking care of that, Wednesday." You explained. "Plus, I can't- I can't be with you."

"Why can't you? What if it is my time to die?" You could tell that she was becoming desperate. You cursed to yourself for revealing yourself to her at such a young age.

"Trust me when I say it isn't." She nodded tightly, no emotions displayed throughout her facial expressions. "But- I just can't be with you. Okay?" Your gaze softened against her. You truly did make a mistake. Not only had she fallen in love with you, but you had fallen in love with her. She spent so many years committing murders just to see you, and you took time and heat from God just to see her. She merely huffed at you, crossing her arms. She went quiet, not wanting to speak with you. You glanced at her before rolling your eyes playfully. "Come on, Wednesday."

"It's just not fair, I've been doing this for years, and I still can't have you." She went to grab your hand, but went right through it. "Do you know how many years I've wished to be yours? To be by your side, to love you, to do things that I never thought I would admit?"

You took in a deep breath. "Life isn't fair, Wednesday, you know that." You knew she didn't know about Life, who she was, how controlling she can be. 

"Then why teach about fairness if it never happens?"

"I never said that fairness never happens, I just said that Life isn't fair. Life is a bitch, but that's where humanity comes from. So, stop killing people." You scolded.

"First, that made no sense. Second, that's a preposterous thing to ask of me." You sighed to yourself, your head bowing down. "Do you wish to not see me so often?" 

"No, it's not that- I just- I don't know anymore."

"Tell me the story of your becoming." You looked at her, up and down, before sitting yourself onto the desk. 

"It's a lot to get into, are you sure?" You warned.

"Unless there are other people that you have to attend to, I'm sure I'll be fine."

You chuckled. "Well time literally freezes around you, so..." You shrugged. "But I'll tell you. Only because you've been asking for a while now." You took in a deep breath. "I lived a life one could never have, one that many people would never want to have. I was dangerous, bold and most importantly, charming." You started, very much dramatically. Wednesday huffed in disbelief. "It's true! So many people have said that."

"Just stop with the dramatics and tell me."

"Fine," You pouted playfully. "But I slipped past Death's grip so often, everyday actually. My life was exhilarating, I loved it. Every day was a new adventure for me."