Please let me love you

Ricky's POV:

It's Valentine's day evening and I'm waiting for my boyfriend E.J to arrive at our one year anniversary dinner in Little Italy, L.A.

It's the closest place that we could find that resembles Italy since we can't afford to travel right now.

I'm really nervous for tonight because I want to ask him to finally do it with me.

We've been planning this date for three months now and I finally got time off of work to see him in L.A

I live and work in Pasadena, CA but make time to commute the 20 minute drive to L.A to see my boyfriend who lives and works there.

My co-worker, Nini is taking over the music school we own for the weekend and letting me have a romantic getaway from home, which I am so thankful for.

"Would you like some bread while you wait for your guest?" I see our waiter walk by our table at La Tagilatella as I pick my nails under the table and fix my belt buckle.

"Uh, sure. I guess so." I tap on my apple watch and see that it's 6:05 pm.

Where is my boyfriend?

He lives closer to this restaurant than I do and I drove half an hour away in LA traffic and took off work to see him.

He lives less than 15 minutes away from here.

I want to ask him to have sex with me and touch me.

Where is he?

We were supposed to meet at 6.

Plus it's cold in LA in February.

That's why I sat down inside.

"I'm here. I'm so sorry I'm late. I have good news to share though. I got you roses too." I look up at my boyfriend who is shaking from the cold and is holding a bouquet of red roses in one hand and his gloves in the other.

It's colder than usual in LA today. 40 degrees out and even colder tonight.

I kept checking my weather app to see if he got caught up in the rain but it wasn't raining.

"I have news to share too." I go up to hug him and kiss him on the lips as he places the roses on the table.

Once we're booth seated in the booth across from each other, I stare at the large bouquet of roses and can barely see him.

"So... I have good news." I listen to him start to say as I move the roses to the side of the table.

"I do too." I place my hand on top of his on the table.

We have a more secret and private booth in the back that E.J was smart enough to request for our privacy.

Valentine's day is important to me.

I never get a special day off from work or one about love.

"You go first," we both respond at the same time as the waiter brings out a basket of italian bread and leaves to let us have our moment.

"No, you go first." I respond to him since my statement is about sex and his is probably more of a surprise than a statement.

"Okay. I got my first lead acting role. I'm going to be in a HBOmax Original Series. My agent was calling me earlier and I couldn't hang up, hence why I was late, sorry again." I watch him lean over the table while squeezing my hand and whispering it to me since we're in LA.

Anybody could be listening to us right now.

Wow. This is a step up from all those commercials he's been doing.