Begin Again, Begin Again

E.J's POV:

Well, shit.

Fuck.

I messed up again.

"You hate it, don't you? You're mad at me again about the nursery because I am your ex and I built most of the furniture and helped Kourtney organize everything for your baby. Shit. I can't undo all my work. You really think it looks terrible, don't you? I can tell Kourtney and we can try to get refunds if I do a lot of convincing with my status," I run my hand through my hair and stand behind a very pregnant Ricky who is crying and looks like he's about to puke.

I'm an idiot.

I shouldn't have gotten involved in the nursery construction and design when Kourtney gave me the chance.

"I fucking love it," I suddenly hear Ricky whisper while he quickly whispers 'sorry' to Little S for swearing.

"That's good," I say next as I watch him walk into the room and touch everything even the changing table.

It's like he's dreaming.

Except it's not a dream.

Kourtney, Gina, Nini, and I made it happen.

I don't really wanna take credit though.

I just did the heavy lifting and building.

"There's even a rainbow for PRIDE and a music corner

"There's even a rainbow for PRIDE and a music corner. Oh my gosh, that's the wallpaper that I looked at on Pinterest. Nini must have stolen my iPad. Wait, that's the changing table that was at the baby store my friends and I went to that was out of stock. Oh, this is so cute. There's even an enchanted library corner and all the stuffed animals I choose on my registry. Wait, where's Franklin?" I watch Ricky gasp as he holds onto his belly.

Shit.

We forgot something.

"Who's Franklin?" I ask as I stand behind him.

"The bear my student Essie gave me one day when I was having a rough day."

"Look in the crib," I mumble as I back away so that I'm not touching him.

I am respecting his boundaries and let him talk about relationships and co-parenting stuff when he is ready to.

"Oh my gosh, that's so cute. Who's idea was that?" I watch Ricky as he untucks Franklin from Little S' crib and holds onto him.

"Nini's." I mumble giving her full credit for hiding the stuffed bear she stole from Ricky's room when Kourtney requested it on one of her nursery design trips.

I watch as Ricky gasps at a few more items in the nursery and even opens the drawers of the bureau.

It's so nice to see him happy and healthy again.

Seeing him in the hospital scared me to death.

I thought that we were going to lose the baby and most importantly my chance to be with him.