Chapter 2:The Search.

It was the crack of dawn, the sunlight peeking through the open window. Vatel woke up, feeling more refreshed than usual. Yu was already downstairs eating breakfast. Vatel stepped out of the room and went searching for Emopa, who was already downstairs as well. "Yo." Emopa waved as he patted a seat next to him. He saved a spot for Vatel and even got him some food. Vatel sat next to him and sighed. "So, how've you been? It's been like what, three years?" Vatel said, Emopa nodded in response. "Yeah, I got taught by this ghost that was apparently the former best swordsman in the world. He taught me more than a few things. I learned a lot of magic from leveling up as well. Apparently, I'm not human either, I'm some kind of Lich variant." He said as he pulled up a menu. "What about you?"

"Just a whole lotta training. I've gotten so strong physically that no matter what weapon I swung, it'd always break in one swing." He sighed. "Then I met Yu. He was a lad looking for work so in exchange for carrying my weapons he'd get part of the money I earned from monster missions." Vatel wasn't overly muscular, in fact he has quite a lean body. "Ahh.. well, I can make a new kind of weapon.. one that has the soul of another inside of it.. though, it's a little difficult to perform. It's called an Anima Weapon. It's basically a weapon that's been imbued with the soul of another thing. I could make one for you, but it'd take a little.. besides.. we need the perfect weapon for you." He said, closing his menu.

"But what's really important right now, is the fact that we have to find the rest of the crew.. I've been hearing talk about Fox and Sorra being in the kingdom, they've been getting pretty popular lately. Sorra has been making food for the royals, and Fox is apparently the judge for this kingdom.. we gotta get them back but I'm not sure how..." Emopa explained. "We can't just.. barge in there.. maybe they would have a quest for us or something?" Emopa asked. Vatel thought for a moment before standing up. "Yeah, that could work.. wanna head out right now?" Emopa nodded, he got up along with Yu, exiting the inn and making their way towards the castle. Two guards stand blocking the entrance. "You may not enter here.. you don't have the permission." Guard #1 says.

"Look, our friends are in there, we just wanna get them back so we can regroup.." Emopa said. Guard #2 then asked, "Who're your friends?" "It's Fox and Sorra." Emopa replied. The two guards looked at each other. "Look.. we're not supposed to be doing this, but because you're friends with those two, we'll cut you both some slack, but you gotta do something for us in return." Guard #1 says. "Lately, there's been two events happening.. large goblin, skeleton, and Orc camps have been gathering up near each other lately and it appears that they all made a pact of some kind.. as for the second one, there's been cases of people encountering a Dread Spider. A whole giant spider that has smaller spider babies. It's said that the egg it laid is also guarded by a unknown entity.. so be careful. Bring us any evidence that you've completed these tasks as proof that you've taken care of them, and we'll let you in. Hell, we'll even pay you." Guard #2 says.

Emopa nodded. "I'll take care of the spiders." He began to walk away. Vatel sighed, "Guess I got the greater load huh? Doesn't matter. This'll be fun. Come on Yu." He said as he also began to walk away. After a somewhat long trip, Vatel and Yu had made it to a camp. It seeming littered with monsters. "Yu." He said, Yu nodded and put down the bag, alerting some of the monsters. "Come get some!" yelled Vatel. He picked up the bag and threw it in the air, causing all the weapons inside to fall out and fall sticking into the ground. The monsters seemed confused but charged him nonetheless. Vatel grinned and picked up two great swords, swinging them at two orcs and slicing them in half killing them, however more monsters seemed to keep pouring in. "Great!" He picked up two medium swords and moved in a more.. elegant way. Swinging at a skeleton and a goblin, killing them both instantly. He continued to slay monsters left and right. However, they still seemed to grow in number.