30:Emerge.

The group had traveled across the land. Just exploring, nothing crazy. "So, what goals do you guys have in mind? Anything you wanna accomplish?" Amy asked as she looked at everyone. "I wish to find my brother," Hugo said as he looked down at the ground. "What happened with your brother?" Vatel asked as Hugo sighed. "Our last names don't come from our parents but rather the abilities we are born with. I inherited from my father and he inherited from my mother. He has moon-related abilities. One day, he just disappeared after arguing with our parents." He said, rubbing his face. "Don't think too hard about it." He said, chuckling. "What about you guys?" He looked toward Tuku, Kami, and Yami. Tuku explained how he wanted to be the best archer in the world. Yami and Kami explained that they have no goals, but rather just want to look out for each other.

"I wish to be the best swordswoman," Amy said as she smiled. "Who's the current?" Sorra asked as she was carrying Ulrich on her back. "Well, there's currently a top five. They're ranked by skill and destructive power, primarily skill and what they have achieved more than destructive power. Number five is someone named Fret Ballet, four is Cas Ostan, three is May Frey, Two is Sophia Venture, and number one is only known as Oxi. He's an assassin that gets the job done no matter what you give him." Ulrich looked at her. "Those are some pretty big ambitions. Emopa, are your goals still the same?" Emopa wasn't answering, he seemed pretty deep in thought. "Emopa," Vatel called, snapping Emopa out of it. "You okay man? Ever since that fight with Oni, you haven't been acting normal. Especially after your fight with Kami... Or Yami, I forgot who is who." He chuckled a little.

"Yeah... I'm fine." He said as he began to walk a little faster. "There's a town nearby, and there's a colosseum. We should check it out." He said as the rest looked at each other in concern. As they reached the town, it was about noon. People were on horses and carriages. They were in the nation of Uskan. A nation north of the desert, east of the sea, west of the forest, where they came from. After some time of looking around, they went and got tickets. "Alright, it says the show doesn't start until two, so what do we do until then?" Vatel asked as he looked in his inventory. "I'm gonna go train," Emopa said as he walked off. Static seemed awfully concerned as well as Amy. "What's going on with Emopa?"

Yami and Kami ran off to go explore and Ruek went to track Emopa. "I don't know, my best guess is that he feels weak," Sorra said as she sighed. "I'm gonna find more people to recruit," Fox said as she walked away. "Let's meet back up at one!" Vatel yelled as Amy walked away, it was now just him, Sorra, Ulrich, and Mareth. Everyone went to do their own thing. Meanwhile, Emopa was Fighting Rot. "Come on don't hold back against me!" Rot swung both his blades but had them both blocked. Emopa couldn't help but feel completely bored. Like he wasn't getting any real training from it. "Stop. This is going nowhere." Emopa said, sighing.

Rot disappeared as Emopa sat down. 'What is this... Overwhelming sense of weakness and boredom?" He then felt a rather strange presence. He looked up in the trees and spotted a cloaked figure sitting on a branch. The person laughed as they dropped down and stared at Emopa. "Who are you?" Emopa was about to grab his blade, but the person stopped him, taking off their hood and revealing themselves to be a woman. "Hey there, Emopa!" Emopa seemed confused. "How do you?-" The lady then laughed. "All Abominations know each other, silly. Recently awakened ones that is. I've been awakened for a while." The woman was about 5'9 in height, she had long black hair and purple eyes along with dark skin.

"Wait a minute... You're?!" She laughed. "Yep! The name's Scarlet Abomination! We're pretty much distant cousins! Isn't that cool!" Emopa was baffled. He's never met another Abomination other than himself. He didn't know how to feel. "Anyways, I basically came to tell you congrats on awakening! You'll also be the future of our people!" Emopa then raised a brow, "What do you mean?" Scarlet tilted her head. "Huh? I thought you knew. You're destined to be the next Dark Bearer and lead our people to freedom by wiping out every last god in this existence!" Emopa stood dumbfounded before laughing a little. "I'm sorry... You must have the wrong person, outside my friends, I don't help anyone else-"

"Oh no, you're chosen alright," Scarlet said as she grabbed Emopa's shirt and tore it off. On his torso, and some of his arms and shoulders, was a black marking that looked similar to a ritualistic circle. "Oh! It's rather big, but later, once the current Dark Bearer dies, a Dark Flag Bearer will come and seek you out to perform a ritual, though I must say you're not that steeped in the dark! I wonder why that... Ooooh. I understand. Split sides." Scarlet said as she sighed. "You're suppressing your Abomination side in fear."

"No matter, that only sets things back a bit. Looks like another ritual will need to be performed." Before Emopa could talk Scarlet stretched. "We'll let time take its course. Soon, the real you will emerge." Emopa crossed his arms. "I don't care what you say. I'm not following this... Path or whatever." Scarlet stared at him and giggled. "Don't worry, you'll come around, Emopa," Scarlet said as she walked away. Giggling and waving at him. Emopa seemed confused but pulled out a phone and checked the time. "Oh, it's almost time to go back. Time passes a little faster here."

EEmopa turned around and saw Reuk. "Sup Emopa." Emopa jumped a little. "Damn, you scared me." Ruek raised a brow. "Who was that girl?" Emopa seemed a little hesitant. "Her name is Scarlet, I don't know her though." Ruek nodded and turned around. "Let's head back. I heard this is a special event. The four rulers of the known nations are supposed to be there." Emopa sighed and nodded following Ruek. Once they reached, the rest of the group had already taken their seats in the front of the row. Ruek and Emopa sat down with them. "Where have you been, Emopa?"

Ulrich asked as Emopa looked at him. "Training." He said, focusing on the person walking into the center of the arena. "Greetings folks! Welcome to the eighty-first annual Colosseum event! This time we have quite a few special guests with us today!" The announcer grinned and pointed at a balcony. "The four rulers of the four surrounding nations! Ruler of the dry south, a place known for its blistering heat, but incredible beauty, Severta!" A dark-skinned man with short brown hair and yellow eyes stared at the contestants. He had on attire similar to an Egyptian.

He was relaxing in his chair, having on exotic bracelets, having two servant girls next to him, standing there. They wore white dresses and also had on some pretty expensive stuff. "Next, queen of the Eastern Forest!" There sat Tuku's master, Tulip. She sat there with her eyes closed and sipping some tea. She had on a beautiful dress that was forest green in color. No distinct jewelry. Tuku wanted to greet her but decided against it. "The king and leader of this nation, Maru!" There sat a large man in light armor, resting his hand on his fist.

He had white hair and red eyes, yawning quietly. He had a servant boy next to him, holding a small pillow with a cup filled with a drink. "Maru, the Great King of Conquers. Lastly, the leader of the underground nation, filled with mystery and precious materials, the nation of Casam, Yomianu!" There sat a man with a cloth around his head to conceal his face, he wore a white robe with a shirt and pants under it. "Now, if everyone would be as so kind as to remain silent for our contestants. Believe it or not, this is a one-time match! However, it will be between two reigning champions!"

"Champion of Uskan, Marolie!" A girl, about 6'1 in height stepped out from behind a gate, carrying a Trident and wearing armor that protected her vital spots. She had long black hair and brown eyes, as well as dark skin. "Then the challenger of the snow region, Subo. Tamaki!" A woman with pale blue skin and white flowing hair stared at the woman in front of her, readying her sword as Marolie readied her trident.