Chapter 10:Death Comes.

The man stared at Emopa, snickering a bit. "No mercy? What're you gonna do? Kill me? You can't kill anyone in this tournament idiot!" He said before shrugging. "My name is Yernal Berakol. I'm part of the Nerak race. We're a race that seeks the truth of the universe including what lies beyond death truly. Which is why I see you as a fitting opponent. Death lingers around you even now." He got into a stance. "Fight me." Emopa tilted his head, grinning a little. "Okay." He disappeared and immediately a cut appeared on Yernal's cheek before he managed to block the rest of the attack with his rapier, however, he got knocked back pretty far. He did a backflip and ended up landing on his feet. "That bastard. there was killing intent behind that swing..." He mumbled to himself before sensing Emopa behind him. He managed to dodge and jumped back. "There was no killing intent behind that swing.. is he suppressing it?" He stared down Emopa. "What's this guy's level.." When he check Emopa's level, it said he was level it said he was 29. However, there was something odd about his name. He had a title. Emopa, Overwhelming Death. "You.. what are you?"

Emopa stared at him. "I'm a Litch. It makes sense I have a death-related title. However, I've realized something. I'm not sure if it's this sword or the fact that I ate some souls, but my magic is becoming more powerful. However, my body can't control it well so it becomes unstable." Emopa then stabbed his katana into the ground and began to take off his clothes. "So I'll try to avoid using magic until I learn how to properly control it. That is what I would say if I was a normal human being. For now, though, let us continue." Yernal raised a brow. 'What is this guy talking about?' He said before getting into a stance again. Emopa began to walk towards him. "Wanna know why I took off my gloves?" He grinned. "It's a surprise." They both disappeared and a shockwave followed as they clashed blades. "Interesting... It's a thrusting sword and it's rapier, it's unusually sturdy though." They kept clashing, Emopa doesn't even look like he was trying. The battle of the two ends up being brought into the desert where a couple of others are fighting. People stop to witness their battle. Yernal tried desperately to read his movements but he couldn't. All of sudden when Emopa swung his blade, an ice spike would come out of the ground to block it. Emopa seemed intrigued, however.

"Another ice magic user?" He asked as Yernal's rapier became ice. "I'm not losing to you. It's barely there but I can sense it... The evil that surrounds you." He began to sweat a little, the looming feeling of death lingered around the area. "You won't win!" He lunged forward and thrust the rapier forward. It was abnormally fast, even for Emopa. He barely blocked it, even so, a barrage of rapid thrusts soon followed after. He got cut by a good few of them. "Hya!" Yernal then did a spin kick and kicked Emopa back. Emopa touched his cheek before realizing the ice began to spread across his body. "My ice is superior," Yernal said. The air began to grow cold around them, and even though they were in a desert, it got cold enough to the point where Emopa could see his breath. "You," Emopa said before running towards him. The two clashed once more, a shockwave following them.

Emopa was kicked back as he stumbled. He wasn't used to the cold despite having ice magic and being pretty resistant to it. Yernal chuckled. "You're quite weak for someone your level, can't you step it up? This fight is boring." He yawned a little. Emopa felt a kind of rage inside of him. "Eh? Bored? You're bored?" Emopa sighed a bit before smiling. "Okay.. I'll make it fun." Emopa appeared in front of him after taking a single step. "Don't expect me to spare you." He swung his sword, instantly, and a cloud of smoke and debris could be seen from other contestants in the distance. Yernal is in the air. "That swing wasn't normal!-" Emopa was on top of him. Bringing down his foot onto his face and kicking him down. "Pathetic." Yernal hit the ground, causing a cloud of debris before immediately dodging out of the way when Emopa came down where his head was. The ground cracked when he landed. Yernal would thrust the rapier just for Emopa to grab it. "Your pitiful." He raised his sword in the air. "Reversal Cleanse." He brought it down and a massive explosion happened. Once the smoke cleared up, Emopa felt some struggle.