29:Strange.

-Flashback-
Picture this. I'm a little boy, in a small village. "Mama! I'm going to get some water!" I said as I had left my small, yet tidy house. I put a washcloth over my mouth, happily making my way over to the town 'purified' well. As I walk, I see a large, scruffy man carrying a limp old guy on his shoulder. It looked like he'd been rotting for days. I grab my bucket and lower it into the well. As I pull it back up, I see a disease-ridden man come up behind me. "Sir... Please... Water..."

stared at the man with a look of pity. I raised the bucket and grabbed it. Walking off. "Sorry, but this is for Mama," I said in a forward tone. I walked into the house, papa recently died of the disease that's killed over half our population. It was incurable in the words of the village doctor. Mama was in her room. I heated the water over some fire and once it was warm enough, I brought it upstairs into Mama's room. Dried blood stains on her bed and floor. "Sorry, I'm late Mama," I said, using the washcloth and putting it on her forehead.

Mama wasn't breathing, and she smelled bad. I stared at her, hoping she was just asleep, I felt tears starting to well in my eyes as I got on top of her and hugged her. Why would the gods let this happen, if they exist, can't they cure this disease through some miracle..? Why must I suffer... Mama is just asleep. Yes, that's it. Mama's just sleeping and having a hard time waking up because the bed is so cozy! I began to laugh slightly. A few days later I got afflicted with sickness.

I've been nothing but a good boy... Why am I sick? Is it because I didn't give water to the dying man? Mama is starting to rot, but why does she smell good..? What's wrong with me... I would never eat Mama. This disease killed off 99% of our population. I'm hungry... The food has gone bad... The crops are all infested as well as the animals... I'm... So hungry.

...

Mama tastes good. Why do I feel funny? I feel... Better. Like I'm not sick anymore. I ate Mama's arm, it tasted pretty good. How old am I? Seven... Yeah, seven. Why do I feel... Stronger? I feel like I can do anything! I walked outside, everyone was dead. Rotting corpses of animals, pets, and people. I went to the lake, which was now blood red. I stared at the sky, it was cloudy, and all there was, was a red sun. I looked at the clearer side of the lake, there was a funny circle thingy on my head floating, and I had wings that were red and looked like... Weird fleshy things, though they weren't attached to my back. They resembled wings in some way.

It's been twelve years. I can use my powers for good! I brought my entire village back to life, however, they're just me, extensions of me unless I relinquish them from myself and free them. In a sense, they're a hive mind with me as the leader... These powers are... Strange. As I stated at a burning village, I wonder... Why am I so hungry?

-Flashback end-

Plague was sitting on a moon, staring down a planet in its sky. He was feasting on some random god's arm. "There's a god in that world. Good thing my abilities now extend beyond flesh and blood, but the soul as well. I knew Scourge would come in handy." Plague giggled and began to laugh. "I knew killing him was such a good idea! Now he's my pet." He turned around, and there was a scourge, he looked normal, aside from one eye behind dark orange and yellow.

-Flashback-

During the day when Emopa, Vatel, and the rest were at the beach, Plague had come to the dead realm. Scourge stared at him. "Last time Plague, I won't join you." He said, playing a bone guitar. "Why? You know I'm doing the right thing!" Plague said, Scourge laughing. "It's the way you're going about it. Turning everyone into your little hive mind? The fact you found a way to do it to Existence without him overwriting you is what makes it scarier. You're a flesh-crazed fiend. One who takes pride in gouging on the flesh of innocents."