Chapter 8:An Ancient Evil.

Emopa and Vatel made their way up north, to the underground kingdom. "Alright, she never said it was in the underground kingdom, but she did say it was somewhere around here." Emopa looked at Vatel. "Should we search or should we camp out?" Vatel thought for a moment. "I think I have an idea to kind of root them out." Shadows began to spread across the ground, with a few wolves and birds beginning to come out of them. "Unlike your summons, these things are temporary; we got about 15 minutes." Scout." The birds and wolves would scatter in different directions. Emopa and Vatel took a seat and sighed. "So, Vatel, I had a talk with one of my summons." Vatel then raised a brow. "Your summons can talk?" Emopa nodded. "Yeah, apparently." There's this person he mentioned named Flame, and according to him, he's the reason why he is how he is in the first place, and also he's not from our world but his world was destroyed." Vatel took a moment to think. "Wait, wait, so you're telling me this flame guy or whatever traveled from another planet, galaxy, or universe just to destroy another world?" Emopa nodded. "Yeah, it makes you think." What if we were just another universe in a cluster of others? Our universe just so happened to be fused with another. "I believe fate brought us here." Vatel chuckled. "I never took you for the philosophical type." Yu then appeared as a spirit. "Hello guys!" He seemed quite happy. "Oh, Yu. Hey there! " You've been quiet lately. "Where have you been?" Vatel asked.

Yu rubbed his head. "You know, I got bored of just sitting inside of some dark abyss with a sword. So I kind of wondered if there was anywhere else to go. Apparently, there's this place where spirits go called the Undergarden. It's pretty nice there! There are tons of other spirits there! It's like a world just for spirits! "I found a random old guy named Barlo; he gave me some insight into spirits that are imbued in weapons!" Vatel tilted his head a little. "Is that so?" " Like what?" Yu then smiled. "Well, the spirit is able to sort of act like armor for your blade so it doesn't break as easily or doesn't break at all." If it were to break, however, I wouldn't die like I initially thought I would; I would actually get sent back down to the Undergarden. "I think you guys would have to retrieve me though." Vatel nodded, "Alright, that's useful; anything else?" Yu then sighed. "There are multiple places one can go when they die." I'm not sure if it's random or if who you are sends you there. As far as I know, there are places where the spirit world connects. "Those places are The Dark, The Void, The Abyss, The Grey, The Land of the Ocean, The Pure Forge, Negative Land, Heaven, Hell, Purgatory, Eternal Island, and The Black Spire."

"The most notorious, however, of those two are The Grey and The Black Spire." I heard that there are more, but anyone who's ventured to these places hasn't come back alive. It is possible to escape all of them however, in fact they would bring you back to life if you were to escape! However, I've heard you can only get sent down there a maximum of five times. Even then, it's extremely hard to get out, let alone navigate your way through these places. Emopa nodded. "I see... anything else?" Yu nodded. "One last thing. Final Stands. Final stands are the result of someone putting an immense amount of their soul into one final attack. It works two ways. One, if you have a soul in your weapon, you can offer your soul to said soul and either be led to the Undergarden or you can make a deal with it. If you don't have a soul inside of your weapon, depending on how much you're willing to give up, it can be destroyed completely. Even if you were to give up 1/12 of your soul, chances are it might as well be destroyed entirely. So you would technically die once your body gave in. "You would be nothing but a husk." Yu said, sighing. Emopa nodded. "Alright then.. that's useful." Yu would then disappear as the wolves came back. seemingly finding something. The two got up and followed the wolf, and they reached a cliff that led into a massive canyon where horses were carrying what seemed like luggage. "We should just follow them." Emopa said as Vatel nodded, and after a couple of hours they reached a building that seemed like a lab. "I forgot that not all modern technology and buildings did not get destroyed. "They're using a research facility."