Chapter 22:Preperation.

Everyone stared at the flame on top of the middle pillar. The group was curious as to what it meant. Once they saw fingers reach through, someone tore it open and out stepped two people. One had long red hair, reddish brown skin, and blazing red eyes. This was Flame, The Infinite Heat. Next to him, the left side of his hair is white and the right side of his hair is black. He had a black iris with white pupils, he also wore a cloak and a purplish red scarf that had some white on it. There was also a halo on the top of his head, it was black and had spikes around it. This, was Shadow, The Abyssal Father. Flame looked down at the group before jumping down, landing on his feet, which never even made a sound. He stared at them before Emopa's book began shaking. "Hm? Rot... Calm down." All of a sudden his book burst open as a light shot up into the sky, before disappearing. They saw no one in the sky, but Flame has a huge grin on his face, after a bit, there was a huge shockwave in the air and Rot dove down.

Flame stood still, crossing his arms as Rot's blades began to burn, an extremely bright blue. "YOU BASTARD!" He did a front flip before bringing both swords down onto Flame, however, the hit didn't connect, instead, Flame was using his mana to fend off the attack, just standing there with a slight grin. Rot kept trying to push though. It wasn't even a mana clash, it was just one person blocking. "YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME!" The flame then sighed. "Yes, I did. However, I've changed since then." He said, using his manas pressure to force Rot to the ground. "Just let it go. Shadow was no different from a victim than you were. Here, I'll even remove the curse." All of a sudden, white flames burst out on Rot, then the armor fell off. He was young again and didn't look like a rotting corpse anymore. Rot was stunned, looking up at Flame before turning to Emopa. Emopa watched this exchange and walked up to Rot. "Shall I change your name now?" Rot was confused, everything just happened so fast to him. Emopa didn't know who Flame was, but obviously, he was one of the stronger people here. "This is him?"

Rot slowly nodded, however, Emopa chuckled. "Your new name is Rinyuaru. Now get back in the book." Rin (For short) then faded slowly. Divinity then turned to Flame and Shadow. "What are you two doing here?" Shadow floated down and chuckled. "Well, we heard that there was a gathering today. So we decided to show up." Divinity chuckled. "You sure you won't set the place on fire or something, each mission we send you two on you always end up causing extreme amounts of damage." Flame laughed and chuckled. "Alright, at least let us plan this out at least, the mission I mean." Purity then sighed and nodded. "Alright, everyone, let's get down to business." Just then, another portal opened up. It was Scourge. Immediately some of the gods hissed and already some got ready to fight. "Relax, I'm here to speak with the mortals." Joy stopped her foot on the ground and looked up at him. "Why are you here?! You're not welcome! Don't act like you did something good!" Scourge then chuckled. "OH, but I did, and my brother took all the credit! Now he's the god of resurrections." Purity sighed and walked up to him. "Listen, they don't want you here."

Scourge then floated in the air and immediately felt a presence coming. Just then, the goddess of life kicked him, which he blocked with his wrist. Tears were in her eyes and she growled a little. "LEAVE YOU MONSTER!" The impact of the kick send a massive shockwave and even shook the place a little. Scourge then landed on the ground and laughed. "Okay, I came here to ask the mortals to retrieve an Anima weapon I lost a while ago, which contained YOUR verger's soul." He chuckled. "I know the world it's on but I don't know who currently has it. So, it's either you get back your weapon, or it stays lost forever." He laughed and stared at the gods. "It can manipulate life, including the soul." Nessa, The goddess of life, sobbed a little. "Fine... You better leave after you give it back." Scourge then grinned, "Originally I was planning to kill all of you with it, but I decided against it. So, do we have a deal?" Purity then sighed. "We have problems of our own, why can't you get it?" "I'm busy." Purity was cut off. "Whatever, let's discuss this." A table then formed and the group along with Purity, and Divinity took a seat. "So, any ideas?" Vatel then raised a hand. "Oni is extremely aggressive and relentless, it's pretty hard to get an attack in. He's clumsy though so he can get hurt pretty easily if he slips up, however, it'll be the only slip up we'll see from him." Flame then raised a brow. "Eh? Alright then." Static stared. "Eh, but most of you can't even hurt him... Which means Purity and Emopa will have to go..." Sorra then tilted her head. "Why doesn't he go?" She pointed to Divinity who shook his head. "Two gods is excessive, even then, I have my matters to tend to." Flame sighed. "Then it's settled, Emopa and Purity are gonna fight Oni." Vatel then stood up. "I wanna go too. I can distract him, try to overwhelm him." Shadow eyed Vatel, grinning a little before turning around. "Flame, come on. We have to go back and fight those rogues." Flame nodded before opening a flaming rift in front of Shadow. "See ya... Child." He said to Mareth as he left with Shadow. Scourge sighed.

"Alright, so the rest of you can go?" He asked as every one of them nodded. "Good. Now, are we all set?" Everyone nodded. "Hey, Emopa..." Olkapo stared at him. "Just looking at you makes this scar on my chest sting." Purity scoffed and opened a portal. "Oni should be arriving here. We've made our plans." Scourge opened a door with bones surrounding it. The place they were in looked kind of futuristic. "Go ahead." The individuals went off into their respective challenges. Mayhem stared at Divinity, "Think they'll live?" Divinity chuckled. "Of course."