|X|

"Heart Monitor"

_______________

"Don't you trust me?"

----------

Casey watched as Derek and Scott were walking back to the car, where Casey was waiting. "Have fun?" She asked.

"What the hell, was that?!" Scott was currently demanding to know and Casey glanced at Tye, who was sitting in the backseat of her monstrously large SUV, that had barely even been able to get into the parkade in the first place.

"Said I was gonna teach you. I didn't say when." Derek remarked coolly as he rejoined Casey next to the car, and Scott kept up.

"You scared the crap out of me!"

"Not yet." Casey snickered at the comment from Derek and she had even spotted him, now glancing downward, it was just as if he was actually checking.

"Okay, but I was fast, right?"

"Not fast enough."

"But the car alarm thing, that was smart, right?" Scott seemed rather a bit desperate for approval and Casey's eyes narrowed.

"Till your phone rang." Derek replied and Casey looked at Scott. "His phone rang, did you hear it?"

"That far beyond irritating ringtone? I heard it go off, yeah, and Scott, I am not even a shapeshifter." Casey replied and Derek was now casually leaning his back against Casey's SUV as Scott was snapping at them both.

After smashing Scott's phone against the wall, Casey was driving in silence as Tye had taken off with Trent to do some project or another. "Where are we headed?" Casey asked as she drove and Derek was leaning against the passenger seat. "Derek?" She asked and she looked over at him, only to see that he was in his own head. "All right." She murmured and she drove through the intersection.

Casey pulled up to her house and she parked, looking over at Derek once she had shut off the car, and he was a little too quiet even for him. "Derek, I can't help if I don't know what's going on." She reminded him bluntly as he looked at her.

"You shouldn't be involved, I can't believed that I was stupid enough to remind Laura that you were probably still in Beacon Hills." Derek murmured and she looked at him, as he was shaking his head. "You can barely see out of one of your eyes right now, Casey. I can't have you injured even more, you can't keep getting involved--"

"Well tough luck, Derek." Derek looked surprised, at the suddenly fierce sort of tone in Casey's voice. "I am involved whether you like it or not. Hunter first, werewolf friend second always in my mind. Remember?" She pointed out and he shrugged, as she opened her door and hopped out. "If you're coming in, hurry up. I'll shut the door and you'll be locked in."

"No I won't be. Trent told me that he left a window open." Derek said and Casey grunted in annoyance at the thought, as she shut the car door behind her and she walked up the steps and unlocked the door.

Casey shut it behind her and she turned around to find that Derek was already leaning against the wall and Casey let out a surprised sort of yelp sound, clamping her hand over her mouth and Derek was clearly trying not to laugh. "Don't do that!" Casey said once her heartbeat had slowed down and her breathing was moving back toward normal. "Ass." She said quietly.

"Not my fault that Trent left the window open in your room." Derek said and she looked at him again. "Uh yeah, he left your window open--"

"Trenton James Argent!" Casey hollered up the stairs angrily and Trent walked up to the top of the stairs. "Stay out of my room!" She snapped.

"Sorry. You can blame Tye, he was the one who told me to leave it open for Derek..."

"Tyler Hale!" Casey shouted in a fury and Tye walked up from the basement. "Stay out of my room." She said.

"If you stop calling me Tyler then whenever you're pissed at me." Casey's eyes flashed with annoyance and Tye was staring back at her.

"Derek, on a scale of 1 to 10, how pissed would you be, if I hit him right now?" Casey asked through gritted teeth, seething with annoyance.

"3." Derek replied and Casey's fist crashed into Tye's jaw as Tye went stumbling back with a surprised cry and Casey shook out her hand. "You break your hand?" Derek asked.

"Nope. I would break my hand if I hit your face, but not Tye's." Casey spoke as Tye was glaring at her. "Stay out of my room, Tyler."

"It's Tye." Tye muttered as he went upstairs and Casey quietly walked up the stairs, as she went into her room and she shut the window quickly.

"What, Derek?" Casey asked right after she spotted his reflection in the window, as quickly, she was walking over to her closet.

"I think I need to see Peter. He might be the only one who knows anything about this new alpha werewolf in town. But, before I do go talk to him. Do you know of anyone else who made it out of the fire like you and Tye did?" Derek asked and Casey looked over at him.

"I know one. But she had always idolized Laura, she wouldn't have killed her. She found another pack and another alpha, just outside of Beacon Hills." Casey admitted and Derek narrowed his eyes. "Beatrice made it out. She got out through a window, I think." Casey said and she grabbed a notepad and a pen. Casey wrote something down quickly and clicked the pen closed.

"What is this?" Derek asked as she ripped the piece of paper off of the notepad and held it out to him. "Is this a school? Devenford Prep?" He asked.

"Yeah. Beatrice borrowed money off of me until I became a deputy and got her inheritance unlocked for her. She pays her own way through school, I tried to help, but like most of you Hales, she is stubborn as all hell."

"Thanks." Derek said and Casey nodded. "You really don't think that she could have killed Laura?" He asked and Casey shakes her head.

"I saw her yesterday at the market with Devenford Prep. She had yellow eyes when she showed them to me, as if she wanted to prove that she hadn't killed anyone still." Casey said and Derek nodded. "You want me to go with you to talk to Peter?" She asked and he looked at her. "What is the look for?" She asked.

"Nothing. Just thinking that you would have made a good Emissary for Mom, if she ever needed another. Just whoever her first one was, anyways."

"Deaton."

Casey kept that thought to herself though and she shrugged a bit. "I don't think that a formerly supernaturally inclined hunter, complete with the hunter's code tattooed on her inner forearm, would really make a good Emissary for any pack." She said and Derek shrugged.

"Or maybe, that's why you would make a great one. You have been on both sides of it and now you have also been together, in the neutral zone." Derek countered her words as Casey glanced at him, before she was nodding.

"Never thought of it like that before, to be completely honest. But seriously, I can go and see Peter with you, after my shift is over if you want me to."

"You got room for one more?" Derek asked and Casey narrowed her eyes at him, before she realized what he meant.

"You can have the couch... or you can just kick Trent out of his room." Casey said and Derek laughed a little.

"You thought that I meant something else." Casey pushed him quickly out of the room.

"Bye Derek." Casey said and she promptly shut the door in his face and she could practically hear him smiling behind the door, as she locked it.

Burn Amongst Humanity [D. Hale ]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें