|XLIX|

"Peace"
________

"How much do I owe you?"

"Ask me when I wake up from the extremely well-deserved nap, that I am about to have."

------------

Derek stood up off of the porch at once, at the sight of Tye and Casey coming up the driveway and Casey looked like complete crap.

"Hey D. Take two, on the mass murdering girlfriend?" She asked and he was silently looking at her, and she winced a bit. "If the window is still open, you two can stay." Casey quietly muttered, as Tye, he helped her up to the door and she opened it. "Tye, who has my car?" She asked as Tye chuckled a little bit.

"It's safe." Tye murmured and Casey was nodding, as she walked into the house and the two followed her. "Oh, by the way?" Casey looked at Tye and he nodded at the kitchen. "There's a cake in the fridge for you."

"Great. Another year." Casey mumbled and she walked over to the couch and she dropped, falling flat on the couch and she immediately fell asleep.

"Well, I thought that I was going to be... well, getting screamed at." Derek admitted.

"She is probably, way too fucking tired for that right now." Tye murmured.

~~~~

Casey woke up to see that Derek was watching her and she looked at him a bit confused. "You're still here?" She asked and he shrugged.

"I have absolutely, nowhere else in the world to be right now." Derek said and she was sitting up, and he helped her and she was immediately looking down, reaching for the necklace that wasn't there anymore.

"I... I lost it." Casey said and her heartbeat was picking up, as she shut her eyes and she was shuddering.

"Casey." Derek said and she looked over at him and he was shaking his head. "You didn't lose it. Jennifer ripped it off of your neck when she grabbed you from the high school and it broke." Derek murmured, as he was looking at her. "It's okay." He said and she nodded a little.

"Is-Is she really dead?" Casey whispered and he nodded at the words and she moved closer, as she rested her head on his chest. "Wait a second... Something's different." She said and looked up at him with a look of confusion and Derek was smiling at her. Derek's eyes glowed as they were back to their icy blue and he looked at her. "What happened to the alpha spark?" Casey asked as she studied the blue eyes, that he had previously had.

"I gave it up to save Cora's life." Derek said and when he blinked the icy blue eyes, they were gone. "I would have come myself to find you, but... I was dealing with Deucalion." He admitted and she rested her head back on his chest and she listened to his heartbeat, strong and steady as she remembered.

"Happy Birthday, Casey." Derek murmured and she looked at him, as he smiled a little. "You want your present now or later?" He asked and she raised her eyebrows.

"You really didn't have to get me anything, Derek." Casey said and he shrugged a bit. Derek reached behind the couch and he picked up the shape and Casey's eyes widened, as he held it out to her. "Wait, wait, you got me a guitar?" She asked and he nodded a bit. "Thanks." Casey murmured and he looked at her, as he tilted his head.