|LXIX|

"The Benefactor"
________________

Casey walked up onto the roof along with Sheriff Stilinski, and she shooed the other deputies and the crime scene investigation team off of the roof.

Right on time for them, right just in time for Derek, to show up on the roof behind them. "Uh, I guess you've probably been there long enough to hear that we need to be quick about this." Sheriff Stilinski noted as Casey hopped up to join Derek on the edges of the roof, being extra careful to avoid wrecking any possible clues or things in the crime scene. "Scott said that he called himself a wendigo."

"The cannibalistic shapeshifters?" At the signs, Derek nodded as Casey was looking around. "According to my family's records, wendigos were nearly hunted to extinction a long time ago."

"You're not wrong about that at all in any way, Casey, I haven't heard of any in Beacon Hills for a long time. They must have been well-hidden." Derek noted.

"Until Lydia found their secret meat-locker full of frozen and most likely, long-dead human bodies." He nodded at the words.

"Right. They weren't really counting on a fricking Banshee, finding out their secret locker, with no way of actually realizing it." Derek noted as he looked around at the roof, as Casey raised her eyebrows, recognizing the look that said he had found, another scent.

"Derek?"

"How many people exactly, did Scott say were up here?" Derek asked as he was walking toward the edge as Casey followed, stopping quickly as she saw the blood.

"Just Sean, himself and the axe murderer, who apparently has no mouth. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?"

Casey rested a hand on Derek's arm and he looked at her. "What? What is it?" Casey asked and he sighed.

"There was someone else. Someone young. And male." Derek said and she raised her eyebrows and she looked at the blood, then back up at Derek, who had a look in his eyes, and Casey was nodding a little.

"You can smell his fear?" Sheriff Stilinski questioned and Derek looked back at him.

"And his blood." Derek explained as Casey looked at him and, she had an idea of what had happened and by the look on his face, now so did Derek.

||Hale Loft||

"The axe was laced with wolfsbane, but not sure what one. I don't know the species, so I'm going to have to burn it out. Casey, hold him?" Casey nodded a little and she moved around to stand behind the table and Peter was breathing rapidly, a rather clear side-effect of wolfsbane poisoning for a werewolf.

"I think that I can handle a little fire, without any sort of help from Casey." Peter remarked and now, Derek swiftly was holding a Zippo lighter up and Derek's smirk was clear, as he used it to ignite a blowtorch. "Ah, hell." Peter said as Casey held him down and now, Peter was yelling in pain as Derek was burning the wolfsbane out.

Casey let him go, after Derek nodded at her and Peter, he fell onto the floor of the loft. "He said that he was after you." Peter said and Derek looked distinctly confused, as he was shaking his head.

"How does a guy with no mouth say anything?" Derek asked as Peter was holding up a glove, with a keyboard in it.

"With this." Peter stated and Casey looked over at the device in his hand and she tilted her head to the side.

"I saw something like that once. My older brother, he joined up. Military, he used it I think. Before he was K.I.A."

"K.I.A?" Peter asked and Casey swiftly looked at him, before he finally realized what she meant. "Oh, K.I.A. Right, killed in action."

"I don't know what this does, but, Sheriff Stilinski might." Casey said and she snatched the device, out of Peter's hand and she raised her eyebrows. "I need someone to translate for me today, the Sheriff, he has not quite gotten the hang of it yet."

"I'm coming." Derek said and he followed her out of the loft, and she swiftly handed the speaking device over to him as they continued walking down the hallway of his building. "You look exhausted, Casey, why are you doing all this?"

"I can sleep when we know, that whoever is after you is either dead or in jail." Casey signed with a pointed look and Derek shrugged, as she was shaking her head. "I'm not letting you die on my watch, Derek, I told... I told him, that I would take care of you."

"Wait, Casey, who the hell did you tell that to?" Derek asked and Casey's eyes were prickling and Derek, he realized and he sighed. "Tye, of course." He murmured as she nodded quickly at the name and he sighed. "Come here, Casey." She hugged him tightly and now, she was shaking noticeably.

Casey's eyes suddenly widened, as her phone rang in her pocket and she looked at the number with suspicious eyes. She pulled it out and she answered it. "Hello? Who is this?" Derek asked as he was speaking for her effectively, since Casey was listening.

"This is the Beacon Hills Penitentiary. Am I speaking to Deputy Sheriff Casey Branson?" The voice on the other end asked and Casey looked at Derek, who looked confused.

"Deputy Sheriff Branson is no longer able to speak. She was injured in a fire, which severely damaged her vocal cords. I'm a representative, as approved by the Sheriff's department and by Casey herself." Derek recovered his words quickly, as Casey was signing the words at him.

"Casey, please tap the cell-phone twice if you agree." Casey tapped the phone twice real quickly and she glanced at Derek, who nodded a little. "Your father managed to escape with help out of our penitentiary from a currently unknown source." The reaction from Casey was immediate, as she backed away from the phone and the scent of fear that flooded the hallway, it was nearly suffocating. "We understand that from our information provided from Sheriff Stilinski and multiple other anonymous sources, that your father was not the greatest in terms of parents. We are out looking for him now and we would appreciate any help that you could give us." Casey was shuddering and she was clenching her fists, as she was shaking with terror, the scent was suffocating for those who could feel it.

"She will give you any information that she knows. But it will come through from Sheriff Stilinski." Derek said and after the line had went dead, he looked over at Casey and she was shaking her head. "Hey, he can't hurt you anymore Casey."

"Yes, he can and he knows it. Which makes him even more dangerous now, then he ever was back then." Casey signed with shaking fingers and Derek looked down the hallway, as Casey saw that Peter had most likely heard everything.