|XXVII|

"Fury"

________

"I told you Derek, that he had a real connection to your family. Do you believe me now?"

---------

Casey caught Derek before he fell back onto the floor as she slung one of his arms across her neck, just as soon as she spotted him falling. "You're still here?" He asked.

"Where else would I be?" Casey asked and Derek looked at the hole in the floor and he looked at his arm.

"It actually happened." Derek said and Casey nodded slightly.

"Don't worry. You're still an Alpha at this point. But, as usual, for you, not a particularly competent one." Deaton said and he hung the dog whistle around his neck again.

"Where is he?" Derek asked.

"I wish that I could tell you. I would be willing to bet money that Casey wishes that she knew as well." Casey nodded in agreement at Deaton's words.

"Then how about you tell me what you're doing here, and why you're helping me?"

"Dr. Deaton, he was your mother's Emissary once. Before the fire." Casey said and Derek looked at her. "Am I lying, Derek? Check my heartbeat." She said and he silently nodded. "I told you that I knew things." Casey muttered.

"You are the one that my sister talked about. She said that you were some kind of... advisor to our mother?" Derek asked.

"She was right. You asked Casey to be for you what I was for your mother. And I have some advice that you need to listen to very closely right now. What Peter managed to do doesn't come without a price. He will be physically weak, so he'll rely on the strength of his intelligence, his cunning. He's gonna come at you, Derek. He'll try to twist his way inside of your head, preying on your insecurities. He'll tell you that he is the only way that you can stop Gerard. Do not trust him." Deaton advised and Derek scoffed.

"I hardly trust anyone." Derek said and Casey felt his hand in hers, as she was listening in silence to the conversation.

"You trust one of the most intelligent and most loyal people in Beacon Hills as it were, to those that she trusts. It is a wise decision. I know that you hardly trust anyone, but if you trusted more people, then you might be the Alpha that you like to think you are." Deaton noted and Casey looked down a bit. "And unfortunately, the one person that you should trust doesn't trust you at all."

"Scott." Derek said immediately.

"He's with Stilinski right now. You need to find him, you both need to find him as fast as you can. I've known Gerard for a long time. He always has a plan. And something tells me... It's going exactly the way that he wants it to." Deaton said and Derek looked at Casey.

"I will drive." Casey said and quickly now, she was holding up her car keys. Derek got into the passenger seat and he looked at her. "What are you looking at?" She asked.

"I thought that Erica had killed you. I smelled the blood and I was seriously thinking that I would be planning your funeral." Derek said and she looked over at him.

"Derek, don't." Casey said and he was shaking his head. "Would you want to be having this sort of a conversation if it was the other way around?!" She snapped and he looked at her.

"We wouldn't be having this damn conversation if it was the other way around, because if I was the hunter than I would be getting out of Beacon Hills!" He shouted and Casey was driving in silence and she felt tears prickling in her eyes. "I just don't want you getting hurt. You can hate me if you want, but that's why I have been trying to push you away." He said quietly and Casey silently parked in front of the Sheriff's station, as she looked at him.