|LIV|

"Illuminated"
_________________

Casey hated Agent Rafael McCall. It was one of the only things, that she was absolutely certain of. Both officially and unofficially, she hated him. Which was another reason why she walked into the Sheriff's station with a grumpy look in her face. "Branson." Agent McCall stated and Casey was rubbing at her eyes. "You all right?" He asked.

"I was asleep." Casey muttered under her breath as she pulled up a chair and sat down next to Sheriff Stilinski's desk and she was shaking her head. "What is this about?" She asked as Sheriff Stilinski shot her a look that said "be nice" and Casey reluctantly did so.

"William Barrow is dead." Rafael stated and Casey raised her eyebrows as she looked over at the teenagers and all traces of exhaustion were gone, as she looked closer at the three and she was shaking her head.

"Okay." Casey said and she looked at the four teenagers. Scott, Lydia, Stiles and the new kid from Beacon Hills High School that Casey recognized as Kira Yukimura. The girl who looked at them like she was scared stiff, like she was still in danger.

"So, when did you get there?" Agent McCall asked and Stiles shrugged.

"At the same time." Stiles replied.

"At the same time as who?" Agent McCall asked and Casey was swallowing back all of her laughter, as she was trembling very slightly at how annoyed Agent McCall looked.

"At the same time as me." Scott explained and then when Agent McCall was looked over at Casey quickly for a reaction, she did her best to channel grumpy Derek. Her face changed and the laughter, it was like it had never been there.

"By coincidence?" Agent McCall asked and Casey was watching the teenagers and as soon as Agent McCall turned around to face them, Casey coughed.

"What do you mean coincidence?" It was Agent McCall's job to ask all the questions and Stiles' job to piss him off while he does.

"That's what I'm asking you. The two of you arrived at the same time so, was that coincidence?" Agent McCall asked as Casey coughed all too quietly, to let out some of her laughter out.

"Are you asking me?" Scott asked.

"I think he's asking me." Stiles replied and Casey was stifling her laughter as she looked at the teenagers, as her shoulders were shaking with laughter and Casey forced herself to keep it in, not at all helped by the fact, that Stiles was smirking at her.

"I think he's asking the both of you." Lydia came into the picture to save the day before they all pissed off Agent McCall.

"Okay, let me answer the questions." Agent McCall stopped once he realized what he had said as Casey ducked her head as she tried to avoid catching Stilinski's eyes, which she knew would set her off. "Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear."

"Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school and someone, left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

"Sounds about right." Stiles said.

"How did you know he would take her, to a power substation?" Agent McCall asked.

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?" Stiles noted.

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles." Agent McCall noted as Casey was now running numbers in her head and frankly, just trying to get the laughter out of it.

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." Casey was shaking her head a little bit with a small smile, that she quickly forced off of her face.

"We made a good guess." Stiles explained his words further, after some prodding from his father.

"What were the two of you doing?"

"Eating pizza."
"Eating sushi."

Casey raised her eyebrows rather quickly up at the two of them and they realized why.

"Eating sushi."
"Eating pizza."

Casey glared at them.

"Eating sushi and pizza."

Casey looked relieved as the two of them finally got it right and she was leaning back in the chair. "Sheriff, am I just totally good to just go back to sleep then?" Casey asked as she looked at the Sheriff as he nodded quickly.

Casey drove off and she was shaking her head quickly and she drove to her house and she raised her eyebrows, as she saw that Tye was on the front porch. "Did you get locked out?" She asked and he nodded. "All right, come on in." Casey said as Tye walked into the house after her.

|The Hale Loft|

"Derek is going to kill, whoever was involved in this..." Casey said and Tye looked up. "What? Tye?" She asked and she heard the roar as well as she looked at Tye. "Was that?..."

"Derek." Tye realized and the two of them raced down the stairs, only just to find that Derek was getting up. "Oh god." Tye said and Derek looked at the two of them. "You okay?" He asked.

"Once my healing kicked in." Derek muttered as he was shaking his head a bit. "You have weapons on you?" He asked as Casey replied silently, as she opened her jacket and there was two guns and multiple knives. "I should've known better." Derek remarked as he looked up. "What the hell?" He asked.

"Some idiot decided to throw a blacklight party in your loft." Casey remarked bluntly and Derek growled loudly and she looked at Tye, as they followed Derek.

Derek flipped the DJ's table and everything broke down, as Tye was following Derek and Casey was now silently watching the two. "Get out!" Derek's voice, it absolutely thundered through the loft and Casey watched, as everyone ran out.

The figures were all that remained and Casey snatched up a knife. "Oh, I hope I'm wrong about these." She said and Derek looked at her. "Trust me in the eyes of many these are near unkillable demons." She said and in seconds, the werewolves attacked.

Casey threw a knife with almost a supernatural-level of accuracy and the demon backed down, as it was running for her. Casey dove to the side quickly away from it as Tye roared loudly kicking it away, and Casey flung another knife and the demon disappeared in a flash of their shadow.

One appeared behind her and as she turned around, the knife was knocked from her hand and there were two of them behind her. Casey grabbed for a gun, but she wasn't fast enough as she saw the terrifying yellow-green glow.

"Casey!" She heard an echo of Tye's voice, it was as if it was coming from far away and Casey hit the ground, as they disappeared from the sun hitting them.