|LXXXIV|

"Required Reading"
_____________________

Casey was shaking her head at Beatrice, who was now at home and rather violently sick and ill, for the the first time ever.

It had been over a week since Beatrice had gone to school. Casey was quickly changing out the buckets and she was shaking her head at the sight of Beatrice, whose eyes were flickering uncontrollably between icy blue and brown.

"Beat... We have to do something for you." Casey said and Beatrice looked at her with pained and uncontrolled eyes.

"What can we do? You're only human." She mumbled and now, Casey was looking at her with a pained expression.

"Trust me, I know." Casey said.

-- The Next Day --

"Thanks for the ride." Beatrice said as Brett pulled the car up to Beacon Hills High. "Seriously, you okay?" She asked and he nodded.

"Thanks to you." Brett said and she raised her eyebrows. "Yeah, I'm okay B. I swear. Now get out of here, I have to get to school." He said and she was hugging him quickly, before she quickly got out of the car and she grabbed her bags.

"See you in free period?" Beatrice asked and he nodded at her, as she shut the passenger side door and she waved, as Brett drove off quickly and she was walking into the school.

"We need to talk to you." Beatrice was standing by her locker, when she was surprised to hear Theo. She was looking around, scanning the hallway until she saw him standing with Scott, next to his locker.

"Scott?" Beatrice asked under her breath, completely ignoring Theo as she exchanged her books for her first two classes.

"Are you going to ignore anyone that isn't me?" Beatrice looked up as Scott was suddenly standing above her as she shut her locker door and jumped a foot in the air, at the sight of Theo on the other side.

"Don't do that." Beatrice said.

"Claws." Scott reminded her and Beatrice looked at her fingers, which were now tipped with claws and she focused as they disappeared, before they came right back. "What's going on with you?" Scott asked and Beatrice stared down at her claws, as now they were not going away. "Hands in your pockets."

"Also, yeah maybe." Beatrice said as she stuck her shaking hands into her pockets. "Why do you care?" She asked.

"Will you talk to Tye? Or Casey?" Scott asked and Beatrice shrugged, as she pulled out her earbuds and let them hang around her neck.

"He's out of the state." Beatrice explained and Scott stared at her at the words. "Go ahead, McCall, go call and ask him. He was looking for Derek, last I heard. But you know better than most, that if my oldest living cousin doesn't want to be found--" Beatrice was saying and Scott's sigh was clear. "Besides, Casey is trying to find a job."

"Yeah, you're right. Derek is not easy to find, even when he doesn't care about being found." Scott noted and Beatrice nodded, as she was now reluctantly, following Scott and Theo outside to watch the crowds of students all around them.

"So, basically, we're looking for abnormal behavior?" Theo asked and Beatrice, she already had both her eyes, her ears, her sense of smell, all of it was open. Well, whatever was working for her at the moment anyways.

"Anyone acting even a little off or just a little weird." Scott said and he looked at Beatrice, whose eyes were glowing. "What the hell are you doing, someone could see your eyes!"