|LXXVII|

"Smoke and Mirrors"
______________________

Beatrice and Tye got off of the back of his motorcycle together, which, Casey had returned the keys to after it was clear that he was actually alive and not just a figment of their collective imaginations.

Stiles, Malia and Liam had all gotten out of the familiar old blue jeep, while Braeden pulled up with Casey in the passenger seat of the prison transport van.

"Who is going in the back of the transport van with the littlest wolf of our group?" Casey asked and Braeden glanced at her, as another vehicle was pulling up.

Derek and Peter got out of the other vehicle as Derek raised his eyebrows at the sight of Liam, who had his hands in his pockets. "Are we really bringing him?" Derek asked as he was nodding, pointing at Liam.

"Are we really bringing him?" Stiles countered his argument, pointing at Peter with lifted eyebrows.

"We're bringing everyone that we can. And considering that Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going. A werewolf can't steal a true Alpha's power. But maybe a Nagual jaguar, with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her... Maybe she can. So, if everyone here is now sufficiently freaked out, I say that we get going." Peter said and he was pointing at the entrance.

"We can't. Not without Lydia." Stiles explained and they all looked over at him.

"What's she doing at the school anyways?" Derek asked and Beatrice was leaning casually against the side of their new prison transport van.

"We needed a stronger scent, a stronger trace for Kira." Beatrice explained and Derek looked at her and she sighed. "Ask whatever is on your mind, Derek, or you won't stop looking at me until you do." She said.

"You have your own pack, your own family that is separate from us. So, my question is, what are you doing here on a full moon instead of being with your pack and your alpha?" Derek asked and Beatrice shrugged.

"I'm here to help. You have a Beta werewolf with serious anger issues, who has only been through one full moon so far. Besides, Liam is an old friend." Beatrice said.

"Who's riding in the back of the transport van?" Casey questioned again, knocking loudly on the left side of the van for their attention.

"Me." Beatrice offered.

"Me." Derek said and Casey nodded a little bit.

Derek inclined his head and Casey raised her eyebrows, walking over to him. "What is it?" She questioned.

"I need you to stay in the other car with Peter." Derek said and Casey's eyes widened, before she was shaking her head at once. "Hey, hey, look at me." He said and she was shaking her head.

"I am not leaving the now newly human you, in the back of a transport bus alone with a raging Beta!" Casey signed furiously and Derek looked at her.

"I need you to keep the peace in between Tye and Peter. Malia will be going in the car with them and I won't be alone." Derek reminded her gently and Casey looked over her shoulder at Beatrice, who was looking at them, as her eyes glowed icy blue. "I will have her and Stiles." Derek said and Casey shut her eyes, before she nodded.