|LXXIV|

"Perishable"
______________

Casey and Beatrice were standing with Derek, as they studied Jordan after he had been set on fire by Deputy Haigh, his partner at the station.

"He somehow, just must have gotten a copy of it." Casey signed, as she shook her head.

"You shouldn't necessarily be gone completely. Casey should know that better than just about anyone." Derek pointed out and Jordan raised his eyebrows. "Casey is covered in both more recent burns and burn scars. It is a long story, but she was caught in the fire that burned most of my family to death. Then another fire burned her house down, a couple of months ago." Derek explained.

"Which is why you can't speak now?" Jordan asked as Casey nodded quickly. "What's your story?" He asked as Beatrice, she had been just half-hidden behind Derek and silently watching all of this go on.

"Beatrice Hale. I am Derek's younger cousin, I made it out of the fire and, I have been living just outside of Beacon Hills, ever since." Beatrice explained and Jordan nodded a little bit. "Casey got fully covered in burns from her mid-back down and I got the one on my face. Other than that, I got really, really lucky." Beatrice admitted and Jordan nodded.

"Not necessarily. You might not die from being set on fire, not, if you're like us." Scott spoke up.

"Like you?" Jordan asked.

"I don't think he's like us." Derek answered Scott and Beatrice was shaking her head.

"No wolf can heal from burns that quickly. I got this, well over 7 years ago." Beatrice pointed at her cheek and she shook her head. "It hasn't healed." She said.

"That could also be because, Beatrice, you have lived with it for so long, that in your mind it doesn't matter anymore." Derek countered.

"That's a good point too." Beatrice acknowledged as Casey was checking her guns silently.

"Then what is he?" Lydia asked.

"Sorry, but I have no idea." Derek admitted as he let Jordan's hands go and Jordan swiftly put them back into his pockets.

"But you knew about Jackson and Kira." Scott remembered and Derek looked at him.

"This is just a little bit out of my experience, Scott. There might be something in the bestiary. Did you try Argent?" Derek asked.

"I don't know where he is." Scott admitted and Beatrice looked over at Casey, who was biting down on her thumb as she thought about it.

"Okay, hold on a minute. What is a bestiary? Actually, that is not even my first question. Just... Are you all like Lydia? Are you all psychic?" A strange laugh-like noise came out of Casey's mouth, a choking noise that might have been laughter.

"Psychic?" Derek guessed.

"Yeah." Jordan said.

"Not exactly." Scott remarked as he glowed his eyes and Beatrice, she did the same.

"I'm a normal human, just for the record. I used to hunt these types of people." Casey signed.

"What made you stop?" Jordan asked and after an awkward pause and tense silence, Casey pointed at Derek and Beatrice.

"She also took care of my now-deceased cousin Tye, Derek's younger brother for seven years after the fire. He died almost three months ago, fighting supernatural creatures that we can get back to explaining the information later." Beatrice said, once she saw that Jordan, he was about to ask more questions.

"Just know that everyone like us, everyone with some kind of ability that is supernatural is on the deadpool." Scott explained.

"But-But I don't even know what I am." Jordan pointed out and Casey's head was shaking a bit.

"I'm pretty sure they don't care. But can anyone just pick up the deadpool and try to kill someone?" Derek asked.

"I will ask around and then I can just see, what I can find out." Casey signed after Jordan had left and they nodded a bit.

Casey looked at the gun that Derek was holding and she nodded a little bit. "Did you teach him?" Scott asked and Casey shook her head.

"Braeden did. I was never a good teacher." Casey pointed out silently and Scott nodded.

"Derek, your name broke the last third of the list." Scott explained and Derek looked at him before Casey was standing there with a dangerous look in her eyes.

"Scott, we all know that Banshees don't predict danger. They predict death." Derek explained and Casey looked down at the words, as she was reaching out toward his hand silently.

Scott had left and Casey, she looked up at him. "You don't have any of it? At all, anymore?" She asked as Derek was shaking his head.

"I'm human." Derek admitted very quietly and Casey rested her head on his arm.

----------------

Beatrice's phone rang out during class, as she cursed and she took off out of the classroom when she saw it was Scott. "I'm was in class, Scott, what the hell is going on?" Beatrice asked.

"Have you had any updates about the deadpool?" Scott asked and she was shaking her head, despite knowing full-well that nobody could see her.

"No, why?" Beatrice asked him very quietly through gritted teeth and she was trying not to get caught by a teacher.

"Because Derek is now human and he is off of the list. Liam went from 3 million to 10 million, and now, your price went up too." Scott said and Beatrice looked down the hallway as she saw that Brett, Lori and a few others were walking toward her.

"What am I worth now?" Beatrice asked quietly and Scott sighed. "Scott, what is the price on my head?"

"10 Million." Scott answered and Beatrice, she sharply inhaled and he hung up the phone. Beatrice put her phone into her pocket as Lori walked over, smelling her anxiety.

"What's going on?" Lori asked.

"My bounty went up." Beatrice murmured and Lori looked at Brett and silently, the three of them were hugging in the middle of the hallway.