|LIII|

"Galvanize"
_________________

Casey hadn't bothered even going home after they had gotten back to Beacon Hills, so she had slept soundly in the loft with the rest of the pack that had stuck around.

Casey rolled over to look at Derek and, she was not surprised in any sort of way, that he was already wide awake and looking at her. "What is in the triskele box?" Casey asked and he looked at her.

"I can show you." Derek said as he reached over her and he grabbed the box off of the nightstand and now, he was carefully opening it and he held out the box to her.

Casey carefully looked inside and when she saw the claws, she looked up at him immediately. "Talia?" She asked and he nodded. "You found the claws in the ruins." She said as he was closing the container up again, and he was putting it back on the nightstand.

"Her claws and that ring, those were all that was left of her." Derek said as she moved closer to him, resting her head on his shoulder. "I lost track of them and the box together, but not too long after Laura and I left Beacon Hills." Derek admitted and she looked at him.

"You had to find the last of her on your own, the last of what was left of the Alpha at the time." Casey murmured as she grabbed one of his hands in hers. "I'm sorry." She said as he leaned down and he kissed her forehead. Casey shut her eyes briefly and when she opened them again, she felt one of his arms around her.

Casey sighed when she checked the clock and saw that it was 8am. "I have to get up." She muttered.

"You told me last night, that it was your day off." Derek said as she was rolling over to get off of the bed, right before he caught her and Casey was stopped. "Come on. Five minutes." He said and Casey grumbled a bit, before she relented and she lay back down.

"You're a terrible influence, Derek Hale." Casey murmured softly as she traced shapes on his arm and he was looking at her. "Did you hear that Tye wants to be a Sheriff's deputy?" She asked and Derek looked at her.

"Really? Since when?" Derek asked and Casey chuckled at the sight of his confusion.

"Since he decided that he wanted to be." Derek still looked distinctly very confused and Casey sighed. "Since he was sixteen." Casey explained and he nodded.

"Following in his guardian's footsteps." Derek murmured and Casey felt a flash of pain and fear at the word "guardian" which must have shown all over her face and he looked at her. "I'm sorry, Case, I didn't mean it like..." Casey rolled out of the bed as she walked into the bathroom and she slammed the door behind her.

-----

"Hey, where are you going?" Derek asked and Casey sighed at the words as she was retrieving her badge, her gun and her holster from a table in the corner.

"Sheriff Stilinski called everybody in for today. William Barrow, a shrapnel bomber, he escaped from Beacon Memorial last night." Casey said as she retrieved the radio as she turned it on.

"Branson?"

"Deputy Sheriff Branson here." Casey said into the radio and not that it was necessary, but she held up a hand to silence Derek and Peter, who watched the scene.

"We spotted the stolen ambulance from Beacon Memorial, spotted on the corner of Truman and Spaulding. Three blocks away from the school." Sheriff Stilinski said and Casey's eyes flashed.