|XXIX|

"Master Plan"

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tye!" Casey shouted, jumping up immediately at once, as Derek came back into the house with a passed-out Tye. "What the hell?" Casey asked and Derek very carefully was putting Tye back down onto the floor.

"The Argents. Tye, he only was just trying to protect Erica and Boyd." He said and Casey looked at the wounds.

"I'm okay. I just need to heal." Tye mumbled and Casey rested her hand on his arm. "Rest, hide and heal."

"Rest, hide and heal." Derek agreed and Casey glared at Peter, who at the look, stopped coming toward them. "If the time is running out, then we need to get to Scott." Derek said as Tye was opening his eyes. "Are you already healing?" He asked.

"Yeah." Tye mumbled.

"You're not seriously going to leave him alone." Casey said and Derek was shaking his head, as the door creaked open and Beatrice Hale, she walked into the Hale House.

"Any objections?" Beatrice asked and Casey shook her head, as Casey got up and she grabbed her bag of weapons from the floor.

"Casey, you should stay here until we get back, with Scott and Isaac." Derek remarked and Casey glanced at him, before she nodded slightly.

------

By the time, that Derek and Peter were back, Tye was sleeping soundly against the wall and Casey was sorting out her bag of weapons.

"They say that he is in some kind of transparent casing made, out of the venom that is coming out of his claws." Derek was explaining to Peter and to Casey, who was looking around Derek at the laptop computer that was balanced on Peter's knees.

"Well, that sounds sufficiently terrifying." Peter remarked and he was scrolling through the Hale record keeper on the laptop computer.

"They also say that he's starting to move." Derek reported and he looked at Casey, who shrugged a bit, as it was clear that her shoulder was annoying her.

"Okay, look, I think I found something. Looks like what you're seeing from Jackson is actually just the Kanima's beta shape." Peter said.

"Well, meaning what? He can turn into something bigger?" Derek asked and Casey's eyes widened at the sight of the photo that came up next.

"Holy shit." Casey whispered.

"Bigger and badder." Peter said.

"He's turning into that? That has wings." Derek said and his eyes were widening as while Casey said nothing out loud, her eyes and the rest of her were plenty expressive. Derek took her hand, as he recognized the scent of fear and surprise.

"I can see that."

"That-that can't be allowed to happen." Casey whispered and Derek's eyes flashed and he held up the phone to his ear again.

"Look, somebody at some point here, actually apparently made an animation of it. Maybe it's less frightening if we..." A terrible screech startled all of them as Casey was shaking a bit, clearly surprised at the noise and Peter slammed the laptop closed. "Nope, not at all. We should probably meet 'em halfway."