|XL|

"Frayed (III)"
____________

Casey had to go to work the next day and pretend that everything that had happened, had never happened in the so-called "quiet town" of Beacon Hills.

Meanwhile, Beatrice had gone very quietly back to her own pack, Freya had met up with the Alphas to check on her father Ennis, while Trent and Carter were sleeping, resting to heal faster.

All the while, poor Tye Hale had chosen to willingly subject himself to hours of Coach Bobby Finstock with a whistle, on the way to a cross country meet.

Tye had volunteered to help him out, a decision that he was now very much regretting.

Especially ever since he found out that Ethan fricking Steiner, one of the twins was on the bus, but he knew better than to think that he was doing nothing there.

Tye had been tasked by Casey before she had left for work, to be keeping a close eye on Isaac and Boyd, who were both also on the bus.

Along with Scott and Stiles, but Tye wasn't really worried about them at the moment. Tye, he was now much more worried and concerned about Boyd, who had a short fuse and also unfortunately, he had never found an anchor to control the shift with. "This is going to be a long trip." Tye said.

"Back to your seat!" Coach Finstock ordered and Tye focused his hearing a bit closer, narrowed and now... much more focused on the quartet of other werewolves, and their respective and also, somewhat boring, conversations on the bus.

"Stop thinking about it, man." Isaac's words caught Tye's attention and he silently focused more on him and Boyd, who was sitting next to him.

"Like you're not thinking about it, too?" Boyd asked quietly, but not low enough and Tye could still hear them.

"Both stop thinking about it." Isaac replied and Tye turned around to look at them both, as they spotted him and he nodded slightly. Tye turned back around in his seat to face the front.

"Don't be stupid, you two. Even without his twin brother, he is still very much an alpha. Also, a bunch of human witnesses, plus Coach. What is your plan for that?" Tye asked softly as at the words, the two of them had fallen silent.

"There is, a jackknifed tractor now up a few miles ahead I think. Tye, what do you hear?" Isaac asked softly.

"The same thing. You are getting in much better tune with your werewolf heightened senses, Isaac, just keep up the good work." Tye murmured back.

"Boyd? Boyd?" Isaac asked and Tye could hear growling, as both him and Scott were advancing towards Boyd as he had claws on his hands.

"Don't do it." Tye said and he crouched in the aisle, staring straight at Boyd.

Scott had reached them, only just as quickly as he could. Scott caught the clawed hand of Boyd, who was now growling at him.

"Tell me your plan... Then I will let go." Scott said and Boyd looked at the two more experienced werewolves and he was nodding quickly, as they were going back to their seats.

Tye looked at his phone, which beeped and he looked at it, opening the text messages from Freya.

"Dad's still alive... Not sure for how long though."

"Doctor Deaton, he says he actually might make it."

"Have not heard anything about Derek... I'll keep my ears open."

Tye sighed at the messages and he looked at Scott and Stiles, waving a bit and they looked at him.

Tye forwarded the messages through to Stiles' phone and the two looked at each other before in unison together, they both were now looking back at him and nodded.

Stiles had come up with a rather on-the-spot genius plan, keeping the bus stopping at the rest stop. Tye was following them, as he was taking on a good portion of Scott's pain as his eyes were glowing golden yellow.

Tye stepped back, still shaking from the amount of pain that he had pulled from Scott. Tye walked out of the men's washroom and he found that Stiles' newest way of thinking about slowing the bus... It was for Isaac to beat the shit out of Ethan.

"Isaac!" Tye said and Isaac wasn't paying attention to him and Tye was shakin' his head. "Shit." He whispered as he prepared to expose himself into a werewolf, in front of everyone on the trip.

"ISAAC!" Scott shouted at the other Beta and Isaac looked over at him, as his eyes widened.

Isaac dropped Ethan onto the dirty ground and he looked at Scott and he was stunned to see him walking, and not smelling like a dying animal.

The entire group, they had all now gotten back onto the bus and Tye was looking at his phone.

"My father is dead."

Tye's heart was now breaking into pieces for Freya, as he saw her text message and it was terrible for one to lose a parent. Even if said parent, was a complete and utterly merciless murderer.