|LXXXI|

"Dreamcatchers (II)"
______________________

Casey was walking with Beatrice through the Preserve hours later, as Mason brought up the rear. Liam and Brett led the way, even though right now, Beatrice was absolutely sure that they were going the wrong way.

"You sure you know where you're going?" Brett asked and Casey looked at Beatrice, who was swiftly shaking her head.

"We're going the wrong way." She pointed out and Liam turned around to look at her. "I'm more in tune with my senses." Beatrice said and Liam was shaking his head.

"I know where I am!" Liam exclaimed and Brett glanced over at Beatrice, who was shaking her head at the words.

"So do I. The middle of nowhere." At the words, Casey was smiling at them a little bit, until they all heard Mason grunt and he yelled.

"Guys? I think I found it." Mason said and Casey turned around to walk over and she crouched very quickly at the edge of the hole.

"You see the necklace?" Liam questioned and Casey looked over at Beatrice, who was standing a few feet away.

"No, I don't see it." Mason said and Casey tossed a branch at Beatrice, and she looked over at her.

"What? What are you sensing?" Casey asked as Brett crouched down to help up Mason, from out of the hole.

"This isn't the same one that you fell into, Liam. It was closer to the bridge than this." Beatrice explained and Liam turned to look at her. "I don't even see our footprints, Stiles' or Theo's prints from the other night."

"Are you sure?" Liam asked and Beatrice's eyes glowed as she scanned the ground around them, before she nodded and she blinked, as her eyes faded back to brown.

"Yeah, I'm sure." Beatrice said.

"She didn't fall in." Casey explained.

"She didn't fall in." Brett agreed quickly with Casey and they both were looking at one another.

"She was buried." Liam agreed.

Casey's phone beeped in her pocket and Beatrice walked over quickly, as Casey held it out to her. "Tye is out of state, Trent is helping to try and find Kate... Call Scott and Stiles." Beatrice said.

"Be careful. You are not at full strength, remember?" Casey asked and Beatrice nodded as she let out a growl of annoyance. "Careful. This is a..."

"Kanima, I know. Just don't get paralyzed, watch out for the venom leaking claws and for the tail. It hurts and it will paralyze you." Beatrice said and she took off running toward the Sheriff's station, as Casey went to the car as fast as she could as she was driving off toward the station.

Beatrice sprinted toward the station at werewolf speed, pushing open the doors to the station and she let out a mighty roar. Tracy was lunging for Kira, as Beatrice leapt onto the desk and then off of it, swiftly sinking her claws and fangs into Tracy's back.

Tracy screamed in pain as she spun around, frantically trying to throw the werewolf off of her. Then suddenly, a terrible pain went through Beatrice's head and she shouted in pain, as then her eyes flickered, dimming from the blue to her normal brown, as she was thrown off of Tracy.

Beatrice hit the nearest desk hard as she shouted in pain. Tracy lunged for her and Beatrice barely managed to dive to the side, and now when she was looking at her fingers, her claws weren't showing. They weren't even showing up and Beatrice ducked the tail, right before she jumped up onto her feet again.

"Kira!" She shouted in warning and then Lydia, she was now suddenly on the floor, from a wound to her side.

Kira had managed to take off Tracy's kanima tail with a stroke of her sword and Beatrice, she was paralyzed by the claws, that Tracy had managed to sink into her stomach as Beatrice was wincing in pain. She slumped onto the ground and her eyes were back to her normal brown.

Beatrice hated the feeling of being unable to move and now, she was at least lucky enough to be able to lean against the framework of Sheriff Stilinski's office. "I really, really hate Kanima venom!" Beatrice snarled in frustration and the doors to the station, they were both suddenly now thrown open. "Casey." Beatrice said as she was looking at her.

"Paralyzed?" Casey guessed.

"Yeah. But-but take care of Lydia, you need to call an ambulance. Now!" She urged and Casey looked at her. "I will talk for you, just get them on the damn phone!" Beatrice snapped.

Casey dialed the number and she walked over to Beatrice, who spoke quickly and Lydia, she was now just only getting worse.

Brett had come running into the station, presumably after getting a message from Casey and he ran right to Beatrice, who was wincing in pain.

"Ow." Beatrice muttered and he looked at her and Beatrice tried to glow her eyes, to trigger her healing, but they just only flickered briefly. It was a dim glow and Brett's eyes were glowing in response.

"What happened to your eyes?" Brett asked.

"Hell if I know." Beatrice muttered and she was getting up, nearly falling and she was stumbling over to Lydia.