|LXXXII|

"Condition Terminal"
________________________

Casey was keeping as much pressure as she could on Lydia's side wound as it were, with both of her hands as on the other side, Beatrice was taking on as much of Lydia's pain as she could.

"Be careful, Beat. I have watched far too many werewolves, nearly die, or actually die from taking pain away."

Luckily Beatrice was an excellent lip-reader and Casey, she now had her hands, far too busy to sign at the moment.

Scott, Stiles and Theo had swiftly come racing into the Sheriff's station and Casey's hands were slick and red, wet with blood as Theo joined them in the room and he was quick to use his belt as a tourniquet, which, had been probably a key to saving Lydia.

Casey looked at Beatrice, who was letting go of Lydia's hands and now while her eyes flickered icy blue, they flickered only dimly and Beatrice was shaking her head and the glow of her eyes was gone, just nearly as fast as it had begun to appear.

Brett helped Beatrice quickly up and onto her feet again, and right now she was still only partially able to move at all. Casey was looking at her hands as they were barely shaking, completely covered in blood and she was shaking her head.

"Where-where did she go?" Beatrice asked and Casey was now shaking her head at the words.

"I'll go. Brett, get her the hell out of here. Take her back to the loft." Casey ordered and Brett was nodding, as the two of them limped out of the station.

Casey pulled out a gun in one hand and a knife in the other and now, she was the one, leading their little group into the basement. Casey's eyes were carefully scanning the area and Scott had his eyes glowing.

"Can you smell any blood anywhere?" Stilinski asked and Casey's eyes were narrowed and then now, she was shaking her head.

"He doesn't need to smell it." Casey pointed at the floor, where there was droplets of blood that was mixed with mercury. Casey ran for it and she was skidding to a sudden stop, at the sight of Malia standing over Tracy's dead body.

"It wasn't me." Malia promised at once and Casey was nodding quickly at the words.

"What in the hell, happened to her?" Stilinski asked as quickly, Casey was putting away her weapons, as she joined Deaton and Scott, in crouching on the floor next to the body.

"There were these people... They had masks. Um, there... There were, Three of them. I think, think that there were three of them." Malia was stammering over her words.

"What... What the hell are you talking about?" Stiles asked and Casey looked at Dr. Deaton, who nodded as the two of them were now thinking, the very same thing.

"They were strong, Stiles. And they had a weapon. Stiles, I swear that I didn't do this!" Malia pleaded with him to believe her.

"Okay." Stiles replied swiftly to Malia in order to placate her briefly for the moment, and, Casey was shaking her head.

"She's not changing back. We're going to need to get her out of here and fast." Deaton explained.

"What, hey... Absolutely, not! This is a crime scene. We have to call the coroner." Casey shook her head at the Sheriff's words.