|LV|

"Silverfinger"
______________

"Casey, wake up!" Casey snapped awake and she was shaking, as the entire pack was around her. She was shaking her head quickly.

"Ow." Casey muttered and it had occurred to her, she must have fallen when they let her go. "That hurt." She muttered and Derek nodded. "Would everyone just leave?" She asked as the others left. "My head." She muttered.

"Yeah, you hit it pretty hard, when you went down." Derek murmured and he looked at her, as she touched the side of her head and her fingertips were bloody. "I can do it." He said and she winced.

"There's a mark behind your ear right? And other than me, no other humans were even really noticed by them." Casey said and he looked at her. "I can't see behind my own ear, remember?"

Derek silently moved her ear forward, as he nodded a bit and she looked at him. "Yeah, Casey, you now have the same mark behind your ear, as the rest of us." Derek murmured as he went to get the first aid kit.

"Since when do you have first aid supplies here?" Casey mumbled and he looked at her, as he opened the kit and he sighed.

"Since you started staying overnight on the regular." Derek said as she was shaking her head and he was starting to clean up her head.

Casey, she held still as he cleaned up her head and she was still shaking, as she felt cold.

Right up until she realized that she was practically buried in blankets and on the ground near the heat vent. "It was so cold." Casey murmured softly and Derek looked at her, as he put the supplies away as she was shaking her head. "I pissed them off." She mutters.

"Or, they thought that you were supernatural somehow." Derek said and he sat down on the floor next to her and he moved his arms around her. "You know, you should keep the jacket." Derek murmured as she was looking at him. "It suits you." He said.

"Okay." Casey murmured and she rested her head on his shoulder and he reached down and he took one of her hands in his. "Shouldn't you be watching out for Scott? I can take care of myself, Der." Casey reminded him and Derek looked at her.

"You just got attacked by demon-like ninjas. I think that Scott can handle a few minutes at least, without me babysitting him. Casey, no matter how tough you are... Casey, you have got to remember that you are still only human." Derek said and she looked over at him.

"I know that, Derek, I am always reminded of it every damn day. You run to my house in 2 minutes with the speed, I have to drive for 15 minutes to get here." She said and he looked at her. "I know that I'm only human, D, I know that's why you're careful. I know it's why you follow me on some of, my work calls." Casey remarked as he looked surprised and she sighed. "I am a lot of things, but stupid, Derek, that is definitely not one of them." She bluntly spoke.

"Yeah, maybe not my best plan that I have ever, come up with." Derek was quick to freely admit it and Casey was scoffing.

"Yeah, not your greatest plan, that is for sure. I always saw the Camaro in my rearview, your jeep in my left and if it was just you, I just often saw a blurry shape racing around." Casey remarked and Derek smiled faintly at the words and she rested her head on his chest. "I'm still cold." Casey said as he looked at her, before he moved his arms around her and she snuggled up closer. "You're always warm." She said and he nodded.

"Werewolf." Derek pointed out quietly, with a single word and she was nodding as he leaned down and he kissed her forehead. "So, we never really got to finish what we started the other night." He said as she raised her eyebrows and Casey shrugged, as he looked at her. "Your work is always getting in the way." Derek remarked.

"Yeah." Casey admitted as she was studying the mark behind his ear. "I know it." Casey realized and Derek looked at her in confusion. "The symbol, I mean. I know it, I have seen it before." She explained further as he was nodding a little. "Remember how I mentioned you should probably be following Scott around?" She asked as she stood up and immediately, she very nearly fell over again.

Derek got up and caught her swiftly until she was able to stand on her feet and he looked at her. "You sure you're okay?" He asked and she nodded a bit.

"Go and follow him with the twins but... please be more subtle than they are, Tye says." Casey suggested and he nodded, as Derek ran off.

Casey retrieved her jacket and she checked to see that most, if not all of her weapons were still there and she was limping out of the loft, after she had shut the door. Slowly making her way to the car.

|McCall House|

"And where the hell did you come from?" Scott asked as he looked over at Casey, who was sitting on the stairs.

"I've been following you." Derek answered the question as if it should have been obvious to Scott this whole time, as he looked at Casey.

"For how long?" Scott asked and Derek looked over at him with lifted eyebrows.

"All day." Derek said and swiftly, he went to sit next to Casey, who looked at him and he took some of her pain.

"Derek, he is very slightly more subtle, about all of this than the twins are." Casey said, as she looked at their enemies. The oni across the Mountain Ash barrier. Derek looked up as he was walking away and Casey hopped up onto her feet and followed him, as she walked into the living room.

"She's a kitsune, idiot." Derek said bluntly and all three of the teenagers looked over at Derek and Casey, who had silently followed him. "Just use your eyes. You can see it all around her. The younger ones give off an aura. She just hasn't learned how to conceal it yet. She probably doesn't know what kind she is either." Derek said and Casey was shrugging a little at Kira's confusion.

"Hey, don't look at me. I'm a human who was trained from birth, to hunt all things supernatural. I can't see this aura, or whatever, but... Derek knows what he's talking about." Casey said as Kira left the room.

"Why the hell, is the hunter still in the room?" Aiden asked and, Casey's fists clenched briefly at her sides and she was shaking her head.

"Go to hell." Casey said under her breath, fully aware that he could hear her and Aiden growled menacingly at her.

"That won't scare her. Casey is tougher than she looks." Derek noted and Aiden raised his eyebrows. "She's faced down both Tye and I on full moons, when we lost control. You would have better luck sneaking up on Tye." Derek remarked casually as Casey was sitting on the couch.