|XXI|

"Abomination"
_____________

"Well done, Derek. All you're currently doing is beating them up. I can train them, while you beat them up to a pulp with more than half of their bones broken."

----------

"Does anyone want to try not being completely predictable?" Derek's voice rang out through the basement and Erica threw herself at him, as Casey grimaced at the sight.

"Kissing teenagers is your new thing now?" Derek pushed Erica away and he looked up, as Casey was standing at the top of the stairs. "You are going to need a different training method, Derek, if they are complaining about all of this, after only a few minutes of training." Casey remarked as she walked down the stairs and Derek narrowed his eyes at her.

"They don't listen." Tye said and he was standing in the corner, shaking his head at the sight of Isaac and Erica on the floor of the basement.

"No shit." Casey said as she took off her jacket and unclipped her holster from her waist, putting her gun down on the table next to Tye. "I can train them. You know, considering I'm the actual werewolf hunter." Casey's voice was cold and Derek said nothing, but all of the werewolves in the room could easily smell the pain on her from the lack of response.

"Fine." Derek snapped at her.

"The very first thing, first thing that any of these hunters will look for, is stuff like what you were trying to use against Derek. Your jumping, flips, and heightened gymnastics skills, out of nowhere. It is all a trigger. The physical abilities are the first thing that they will look for." Casey explained as she cracked her knuckles quickly. "The very next thing is jumping off the top of things like you just did."

That was directed at Erica, who was scrambling up onto her feet at the words and she growled loudly at her. "Growl at me if you want. Growl, try to kick my ass for all I care. But if I beat your asses still, despite my… shortcomings, from being a human in this life, then don't say that I didn't warn you." Casey said and she raised her eyebrows, once she noticed that everyone was staring at her in utter silence. "What are you all looking at now?" She asked.

"They're looking at your burns." Tye explained and Casey glanced back at him with raised eyebrows, before she finally remembered what she had been wearing under her jacket.

A pair of shorts that went down, to just above her knees and a tank top, which exposed most of the burn scars to the open air and Casey looked at the three bitten Betas, who were all in a stunned silence.

"I ran into the Hale House fire to save Tye, which is how I got these burns all over me. I saved his life, it is yet another reason that Tye is right now quite willing to pretty much, follow me anywhere." Casey explained and bluntly too, as she looked at them. "If you two are done staring, get your asses up off of the floor and come at me like you are in a fight for your lives." She said and she waited for them to charge.

~~~~~

Casey was firing at the back of the reptilian-like shape, after she heard Stiles and Derek yelling at it. A gun in each hand and she dropped them and she pulled knives, as it ran at her.

Casey flung both knives directly at the shape and it let out a hissing roar of pain as the knives sunk deep, directly on target and the shape fled. Casey looked over at Stiles and Derek.

"Behind you! Get in the water right now! Hurry!" Stiles shouted and Casey yanked off her jacket and without any sort of visible hesitation, she dove into the pool. "Can you take him?" Stiles asked and Casey glanced at him, before she slung Derek's arm across her neck and Stiles had a brief break. "You two aren't really on speaking terms right now, are you?"

"No comment." Casey said coldly. "All of my weapons are up there, outside of the pool." She said as she was treading water.

"Do you know what it is?" Derek asked and Casey stayed silently focused on her task of keeping herself and him, their heads, quite literally now, above the water.

"Casey, do you know what it is?" Stiles repeated the question.

"It's called a Kanima. I will explain more about it, when Derek can move again and we are out of the damn swimming pool at a high school." She snapped and Stiles was nodding.

"Will you two just get me out of here before I drown?" Derek asked.

"You're seriously worried about drowning right now? Have you noticed the thing out there with the multiple rows of razor-sharp teeth?" Stiles said sharply.

"Did you notice that I am paralyzed from the neck down right now… in eight feet of water?" Derek shot back.

"Would you both just shut up?!" Casey shouted and that surprised both of them which didn't surprise her in the slightest. It was true that she hardly ever yelled and in her lifetime, she could hardly remember a time when she had to.

But at the moment, when she was stuck treading water while one of her formerly and former closest friend quite literally, had his life in her hands and a young sarcastic teenager was being a jackass to them both and doing nothing at all to help, this was one of those times when she felt that she had to.