|XXII|

"Abomination: Part II"
_______________

"Go to hell."

-------------

"Casey, what do we do?" Derek asked and Stiles looked at Casey as she was focused on treading water.

"Stiles, how accurate exactly is your throwing arm?" Casey asked and Stiles shook his head at her. "I was afraid that was going to be your answer. You take Derek, I'm going to get my phone." Casey said.

"Are you absolutely insane? It will, just tear your head right off!" Derek snapped and she looked at him.

"Two days of not speaking to me after shouting at me for twenty minutes and now, all of a sudden, you actually care?" Casey asked and Derek fell silent. "Stiles, grab him." Casey said and Stiles was supporting Derek again, as Casey swam quickly toward her jacket.

The Kanima hissed as it lunged toward her, trying to beat her to the phone and Casey grabbed the phone and a knife, as she threw it hard and it stuck out of the tail and the Kanima hissed in terrible pain.

Casey dialed the number and waited.

"Hello?" Tye asked.

"Tye, I need you to get here now! Derek, Stiles and I are at the school and the thing that has been killing people has us trapped! It can't swim, we are all in a swimming pool and Derek is paralyzed from the neck down." Casey said.

"I'm on my way." Tye hung up and Casey flung her phone out of the water and by a miracle, it landed on her jacket and Casey swam back over to Derek and Stiles.

"Nice throw."

"Go to hell. I am only doing this for Tye right now, not you." Casey replied and, she held up Derek in the water again as Stiles took another break.

Scott and Tye had dragged all three of them out of the pool and Casey sighed at the sight of the two Beta werewolves in relief. "Good timing, boys." Casey murmured.

Casey walked over to her car in silence and she stopped, recognizing the sound of footsteps. "Have some more anger you want to get out, by shouting at the only human that will listen?" Casey asked and her voice shook, but it wasn't with pain, it was with red-hot rage.

"I'm sorry." Derek said and she looked over her shoulder at him. "I asked for your help and when you gave it, I lost it on you, which wasn't fair at all." He said and Casey looked down at the ground.

"You are going to get yourself killed one day, Derek." Casey said and he looked at her, while she turned around to look at him. "I don't want to watch it happen, Derek, but I also can't work with someone who is going to lose it on me, every time I say something." Casey said.

"I can smell it all over you, Casey, the pain that is tearing you apart. Is it all because of what I said?" Derek asked.

"What you said and then how you freaking said it." His eyes widened. "I thought that you… Your tone of voice, I thought that you were ready to hit something." Casey said and Derek blinked at her. "If I'm helping your pack, I'm not doing it for you. I'm doing it for Tye, because he is the one that I forced all of my trauma away for." She said and she shook her head.

"You mean from the fire?" Derek asked.

"The fire, the verbal and physical abuse from my father, the assaults from my dad and my uncle, being beaten nearly to death for being pregnant!" Casey wiped her eyes and Derek looked at her. "None of those affected me, the way that your fucking words did. The wounds that you can't see, often hurt the most, Derek."

"Casey… Casey, wait." Casey turned around and she got into her car. "Casey please, just wait!" But Casey stepped on the gas and drove off, tires squealing.

~~ Casey's House ~~

As soon as she slammed her door behind her, she punched it and screamed.

In pain, rage, and anger, she screamed again and hit the doorway in a fury.

Casey ran down the stairs to the basement, struggling to control her breathing and she turned on the light.

Casey stormed over to the table and suddenly in a moment of terrible weakness and anger, she roared and threw the entire table onto its side.

The knives, guns, smoke bombs, it all went flying and Casey screamed out, to let her emotions out of her and she slammed her hands into the wall.

After screaming until her voice was hoarse, nearly gone, Casey was leaning against the wall as she sobbed in terrible pain. Casey buried her head between her legs as she sobbed. She found herself holding the triskelion amulet in her hands and she was staring at it through blurry eyes.

~~Seven Years Ago~~

"I bought this for you. As a birthday present." Derek held out the necklace and Casey took it from him as she smiled a bit at the sight of the triskelion amulet.

"Thank you." Casey said and Derek smiled, as he nodded and she clipped it around her neck and it was resting on her neck. "Am I going to see you guys again?"

"We will always be here, Casey. We just need a few days to hide from, well…" She nodded in understanding. "People like your parents." Derek finished.

"Derek?" Casey asked quietly and she caught onto his arm before he could just jump out of the window again. "Can I see it?" Casey asked and he looked at her, as he moved his hand away from the wound on his side.

Casey looked at the wound and she looked up at him, as she let go of his arm and Derek sighed.

"Before I go." He said.

"What is it?" Casey asked and she was surprised, as he walked over and his eyes glowed blue. Casey was distinctly confused, a fact that amused him as he smiled slightly. Derek leaned down and his mouth touched hers.

"Happy Birthday." He murmured and Casey's eyes were still stunned, as Derek turned around and he swiftly disappeared out of the window.

~~~~~~~~

Casey leaned her head back against the wall and the tears rolled down her cheeks and that memory and more, they tore through her like pain from a thousand cuts.

Derek was just outside of the door to her house, listening quietly to the rather terrible noises as he was looking over at Tye, who was standing directly behind him.

"I doubt that she will ever speak to you again outside of business. Frankly, I don't understand how you didn't see she was in need of help. That has been the only thing that she has done for us. She has helped us with anything and has asked for nothing in return. Nothing at all." Tye said as Derek sighed.

"I don't know how to fix this." Derek admitted.

"Then don't try to fix it with your words. Just try to fix it with your actions, maybe she'll talk to you again." Tye murmured and he sighed quietly. "Do you have room for me, she has all of the windows and doors shut." He said.

"Come on." Derek said as Tye swiftly followed him.