|CI|

"Heartless (II)"
_________________

||Hale Loft||

Casey had gone to sleep hours ago while Beatrice was still awake, unable to get to sleep. Beatrice quickly threw open her window and she jumped out of the window, landing on the ledge of the window and she was sitting there.

"You all right?" Beatrice very nearly fell off of the ledge, as she caught onto the windowsill. Theo helped pull her back up onto the ledge as she growled at him. "Sorry." He said.

"What are you doing here?" Beatrice asked at the sight of him sitting there and she was shaking her head. "Never mind, I don't actually want to know."

"Why didn't you tell them earlier about what you saw in my head?" He asked as she looked out over the quiet area.

"You looked scared, when you recognized that I had seen it. I could see it very clearly, I was not going to just be that person to spit it out." She said and Theo shrugged. "You can try to pretend that you don't care, but... I know chemo signals and your pulse is speeding up." She said quietly.

"Damn it." Theo muttered and Beatrice smiled a little bit at the words. "What did you see?" He asked quietly.

"Your sister taking her heart back by force, repeatedly. She was killing you over and over, you looked terrified."

"It was all in my head, I guess... But it felt so real." Theo admitted quietly as she nodded. "You ever have anything happen to you that feels like that?" He asked and she nodded.

"When I first used to have the nightmares about the fire, I used to feel the pain of the burns, my jacket melting, my face on fire. I could feel all of it." Beatrice said quietly as she was tracing the burn on her face. "It doesn't bother me much now, but I... I used to hate it." She admitted. "I used to wish that because of the way that I looked, that I had-had just died after the fire. Instead of just being stuck with a scar across my face." She said and he looked at her.

"People really were terrible to you about the scar weren't they?" Beatrice nodded. "Jesus, what did you to do them?"

"I beat the shit out of two of them until they could barely stand. I got kicked out of my first good school for it, but, it was definitely worth it." She said quietly and he nodded. "Are you angry at me?"

"Why would I be angry?" He asked and silently, she was reaching into her jacket pocket and she pulled out the jar and there were Belasko's talons.

"Because I took away some of the Beast's power, just to become a full werewolf again. Which... Was what you wanted to do." Beatrice held out the jar to him and Theo took the jar.

"You saved your own life with these. I can't argue with that, Beat, you looked like a zombie." Theo handed the talons back to her. "You were clearly miserable, as a chimera. Everyone in the room, could see it." He said as she was nodding.

"I'm glad that you're back." Beatrice murmured and he looked at her with surprise. "Even if, I do have a funny way of showing it." She murmured as she put the talons back into her jacket pocket.

"I thought for sure that you would have been the one beating the living shit out of me." Theo said and Beatrice was shaking her head. "You don't remember him, thanks to the Ghost Riders... But, you are really a lot like your cousin Tye." Theo noted and she looked at him.

"Tell me about him." Beatrice said as Theo lifted his eyebrows at the words and she looked a little bit confused at the look. "Please?" She added uncertainly and he laughed at the words.

"Tye was quick to jump to conclusions, he wanted to be a detective or at least a Sheriff's deputy... The last information that I heard about, anyways. Tye had been an alpha for eight months and he was still one, when I was sent into the hell that I came out of. He was fiercely protective of his family. Meaning you, Casey, his niece Talia... Everyone with the Hale name or might get it soon."

"Since he's Derek's little brother apparently, I'm not actually surprised by any of that." Beatrice muttered and he looked at her. "You haven't met Der have you?" She asked and Theo shook his head. "Right. Well, he'll probably threaten to kill you at least twice and then you'll be fine."

"Wait, seriously?" Theo asked.

"Yeah." Beatrice murmured and she raised her eyebrows a bit, when she noticed that his hands were shaking a little. "You okay?" She asked.

"Why did you defend me in the tunnels?" Theo asked and Beatrice was confused by the unexpected sort of question.

"Kind of a random question." She spoke bluntly and Theo raised his eyebrows. "Wolf instincts. In a situation where one wolf is injured, it is the job of the rest of the pack to make sure that they recover. Defend the injured one if necessary. Physical injuries aren't the only ones that other werewolves can sense. Hayden and Liam were either unable to sense it or were purposely ignoring it." She said.

"Or, you are just much more in-tune with your senses." Theo remarked as she nodded.

"True." Beatrice said and she looked down at her watch. "If I don't get to sleep now, then I'm going to be a real grump tomorrow." She said and Theo was shaking his head.

"You are already a grump." Theo noted and Beatrice growled loudly at him.

"Get off of the roof." She said and he nodded at the words as he disappeared and she peered over the edge, as he had started to climb down.

Beatrice climbed back into her window and she shut it, as she was shaking her head. Beatrice walked over to her door and she unlocked it, as she was lying back on her bed and she waited for sleep to come.