|XXXI|

"Tattoo"
_____________

"I got lucky with watching out for Isaac at the hospital. But that girl that he was talking about, the mercenary? She is one of my oldest friends from the business."

------------

Casey was at the hospital now with Sheriff Stilinski and with a few other sheriff deputies and she had been assigned to watch over Isaac luckily, who was now healing visibly from the Alpha-inflicted wounds.

Casey walked into Isaac's room and she looked over Melissa McCall's arm and saw that Isaac's wounds were all closing. "Great." Casey murmured.

"Yeah. Yeah, that's healing, very very visibly. Wow. They can't see this. Nobody can see this." Melissa said and Casey sighed.

"All right, cover it up." Isaac said.

"I mean, I don't even think that is going to matter. I mean, you're on the list and scheduled for surgery, which is obviously going to be confusing for a lot of people. Casey or, sorry, Deputy Branson, is there anything that you can do?" Melissa asked.

"Have you tried calling Derek already?" Casey asked and Melissa nodded, as Casey cursed. "I'll try to call him. If that doesn't work, then I will find a way to get you out of this, Isaac, I promise." Casey said and he nodded.

Casey pulled out her phone and she dialed Derek's number and she held it up to her ear. "Come on, Derek, just pick up the damn phone." She said as it went to voicemail.

"Derek, it's me. You need to get your ass to the hospital right now. Isaac, he is scheduled for surgery right now and he is visibly healing. Get your ass over here, and help me get him out of hospital. Now." Casey snapped, as she quickly hung up the phone.

"Voicemail again?" Isaac asked.

"Yeah. I'll be right outside the door if you need anything." Casey said as she left the room silently and she went into Room 217, where Braeden was in the bed. "I know, Brae, that you're not sedated." Casey said after shutting the door.

Braeden opened her eyes and Casey pulled up a chair and she sat down to talk to her. "How did you know?" Her old friend asked and Casey shrugged a bit.

"Are the Alphas after you? Because you got Isaac, out of, well, wherever they had him?" Casey asked and Braeden nodded. "Damn it all, Braeden, you should have called me." Casey said and she looked over her shoulder at the door, to confirm that they weren't looking for her.

"You are already too deep into this, I couldn't give you any more reason to be in the line of fire. You walk with werewolves, you are a hunter with skills and you have a house that they are only able to enter if you forget to close a window or a door, or if you let them in." Braeden said as Casey tilted her head to the side.

"How-how did you know about my house?" Casey asked in confusion and Braeden sighed.

"Isaac. He told me, that I was only supposed to take him there. Because the Alphas couldn't get inside. We obviously didn't make it." Braeden muttered and Casey sighed.

"Yeah, okay. Just keep pretending to be sedated, all right? I will see what I can do, but the Sheriff wants you for over $10,000 in property damages. I will do what I can." Casey promised.