|XLIII|

"Visionary"
_______________

"You still haven't heard anything, anything at all from Derek since it happened, have you?" Tye asked as Casey shook her head. "Why the hell did they bring Miss Blake with you to the loft as leverage against Derek?"

"Hell if I know. That is a great question for Derek though, once we can find him." Casey murmured and she looked at him. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked and Tye was shaking his head.

"Is it true that you diverted hunters away from Derek and Peter, the night that Ennis' beta was killed?" Tye asked and she raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah. But, Tye... Where the hell did that question even come from?" Casey asked as he nodded at the sliding door to the loft, as Casey heard quiet voices and she could not make out the words or the people that the voices belonged to but Tye could. "Let's join the party."

Tye opened the door and Stiles was standing there with Cora, whose eyes were icy cold with grief. "I thought that you two were going to just be standing out there forever. Casey, is it true that you diverted them away? That you killed two hunters of your own to protect Peter and Derek?" Cora asked and Casey looked up, as Peter was standing at the top of the stairs.

"Peter was in the area, I just helped them both because they were both in the same spot. I couldn't tell the Argents and my family where only one of them was, without revealing the other's position." Casey explained as she walked further into the loft and she leaned her elbows against the table. "But, yes Cora, I did choose to kill two hunters, to protect them that night." She said as she looked up at Peter. "You still owe me for that." She said.

"I thought that debt, I thought it was paid by me saving you from the Fire." Peter corrected and Casey was shrugging at the words. "Fine, maybe not." He said reluctantly.

-- Seven Years Ago --

Flashlight beams swept across the crowd with Casey, her mother, Chris Argent and Gerard Argent in the lead and spreading the hunters out, over a good bit of distance.

"Go and check the cellar." Gerard stated and Casey nodded swiftly and she was opening it, walking down the stairs with a knife in hand.

Casey got part of the way down and then she saw them both. It was Derek and Peter and they were crouched on the far side of the roots and they were pleading silently with her. Casey was inclining her head in a nod as the two of them looked relieved.

Casey walked back up the stairs and she shut the cellar door behind her as she looked at the gathered hunters in front of her. "Nobody there. We should move, now. Right now." Casey said as they started to move away and Casey looked back at the door.

"If you two can hear me, I'll be back."

-----------

Casey was shaking off the memory and she looked at Cora, who watched her carefully. "I am not going to snap and kill you." Casey muttered and she was rubbing her eyes.

"They were there for two days together, waiting, hiding. That's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us-- Hide and heal."

"Okay, so is two days standard, then, or are we thinking that Derek is now on some kind of extended getaway?"

"You don't get it, Stiles, you are just a human who stumbled into this world of the supernatural. It is different when a pack member is lost especially if you're the one who bit them." Tye said and he looked at Casey, who nodded. "Or if he accepted someone into his pack." Tye said.