|XXIV|

"Restraint"

___________

"Why are you helping me?"

"I'm not. I'm helping Tye."

-------------

Tye and Derek were both racing off after Jackson and Tye snarled in warning at the sight of the Kanima racing at them.

While the two brothers on the same side for the moment again, swiftly were fighting the Kanima together using various tools at their disposal. Casey came at it from one side with her guns and Chris Argent came at it from the other with a gun blazing as well.

Derek and Tye had taken the time to disappear, as Casey returned to her car and drove off after the Kanima. Casey cursed as she smacked the steering wheel. Her phone rang out and she set it up on her dashboard and she accepted the call. "You get anything from him, T?"

"It's me." Derek said and Casey glared at the phone for a second. "Do you know any sort of way that we can track the Kanima?"

"Where's Tye?" Casey asked.

"Busy dealing with a pair of unruly Betas and getting them home. Casey, will you just answer my question?" Derek asked.

"I don't know, Derek. I have never dealt with one before, I just know a few things about it. But you saw what happened when Argent and I both emptied a couple of clips each into him. He still got right back up." Casey said and Derek growled.

"Outside of business, you still aren't going to be talking to me?" Derek asked.

"Damn right." Casey said as she quickly hung up the phone and she backed up the car to turn around, only to slam down on the brakes when she saw that Derek was right behind her. Casey rolled down her window, kept her foot on the brake and she put the vehicle back in park. "What the hell?" She asked.

"I'm not moving until we talk. Without business as the topic. I will cripple your damn car, if I need to." Derek said and she got out of the car and she slammed the door behind her.

"You know, you should probably change your face back. You know, before one of the many many, street cameras catches it." Casey pointed out as Derek's face was still wolf-like and his fangs were still showing.

Derek looked down at the concrete for a second and when he looked back up, the last thing to disappear was his red eyes. "I need your help to catch the Kanima, does it count as business?" Derek asked and Casey hesitated, before she nodded.

"If you wanted to talk... trying to kill a teenager inside of my house was not the best way to get my attention." Casey said and Derek nodded. "Get in, I'll drive you back." She said reluctantly as she walked back and got into the car.

Derek got in and Casey drove off quickly without waiting, and she remembered the route quickly. Casey parked her car in the alleyway and she shut off the engine. "Do you know who the Kanima is?" Derek asked and Casey, she nodded slightly and Derek sighed. "Will you tell me?"

"Will you believe me?" Casey asked and Derek looked at her. "It is Jackson. I-I just remembered that there is a legend about the Kanima, that it is an either-or thing."

"What are you talking about, Casey?" He asked.

"Jackson failed the test that you tried on him, because when he isn't the Kanima, he is Jackson. When he is the Kanima, he isn't Jackson. Do you get it?" Casey asked and Derek said nothing for a few minutes at the explanation and Casey was shaking her head. "After all of this, you still don't believe me." Casey realized and Derek looked at her.