|XV|

"Co-Captain"

______________

"I warned you. But you didn't listen."

-------

Casey was staring at her phone in disbelief, as she got a text from Tye saying that he was joining Peter's pack along with Derek. Casey punched the wall in a fury as she looked at her fist and it was now shaking.

Casey sighed and she flexed her main punching hand, opening and closing it quickly to make sure that she hadn't broken it and she sighed.

"Damn it." She murmured as she walked over to her closet. She tossed her jacket, her sweaty and bloody shirt, and her undershirt into the laundry bin and she looked at the mirror in the closet and her entire body was marked up by burns.

Casey sighed heavily and she quickly grabbed a tank top and tossed it on, as she shook her head.

"You weren't kidding when you said that you were covered in burns." She grabbed a letter opener quickly, off of the table and she spun around quickly and threw it at Derek.

Derek caught the letter opener and Casey glared at him as her eyes were blazing with anger. "You... You brought Tye, right to Peter." Casey said and Derek looked at her. "Peter killed Laura!" She shouted.

"It was a mistake. Things happen, it happens, you know that better than anyone." Casey slapped him and Derek turned back to look at her.

"I took care of him for six fucking years. Six years, Derek! Thanks to you and your idiotic habit of only trusting your family, he is going to lose his way and turn into someone that neither of us can even recognize!" Casey snapped.

"I trust you." Derek said and she shook her head at him, as she was incredulous and her disbelief was all over her.

"You don't trust my instincts." Casey countered and Derek didn't have an answer for that and he looked directly at her. "What the hell are you looking at now Derek?" Casey asked sharply a bit, as she was turning around to grab one of her clean jackets.

"You." Derek said as Casey narrowed her eyes at once in suspicion. "We met you in the woods, Laura and I. We are fourteen, Laura was fifteen. You were scared out of your mind, but if Laura and I hadn't heard your heartbeat, we never would have known..."

"Do you have a point or an end to all of this "bringing up the past" shit, that you have chosen to torture me with?"

"You're not that scared teenager anymore, except when it comes to fire. But you said that you were scared of "two" things. So what are they?" Derek asked.

"Losing you and Tye." Casey quietly admitted and she felt tears prickling at her eyes. "Tye became a part of my family, when you guys left town. I was the one who helped him through his first transformation. I help him deal with the trauma of the fire--"

"While pushing away your own, that arguably ran much, much deeper." He said and Casey nodded. "Why would you not tell me?" Derek asked.

"Because you went to work for the enemy, Derek. How do you know that as soon as Peter, just as soon as he has gotten whatever he wants. What makes you so sure that he won't just kill me right off the bat?" Casey asked and she spotted him coming closer, as she waited for a response.

"I won't let him." Derek murmured and she turned around to see him in front of her. "I won't let him go near you, not again." Derek whispered and he glowed his icy blue eyes.

"I wish I could trust you on that." He flinched at the words and Casey was pushing past him. "Now get out." She said, pointing at the open window.

"Look, Casey--"

"Get out or I'll shoot you." Casey's voice was icy cold and she was still pointing at the window. "I mean it, Derek, leave now." She threatened and she even grabbed her gun and Derek got the idea as rather swiftly, he walked over to the window.

"You know, Mom. She had a private nickname for you that she often used to refer to you, when talking to Laura and I. Laura eventually turned it into a teasing name." Derek said and she was shaking her head.

"I don't care." Casey said.

"They called you "Humanity" in a single form." Derek said and she was shaking her head in confusion. "But Laura used to just call you "My Humanity" to try and piss me off. But I think I was so angry at the nickname for you... just because she was exactly right." Casey didn't react to it and she closed the window, as Derek dropped out of the house and he landed on the ground and he took off running.

Casey watched him swiftly disappearing into the woods, before she took off the triskelion necklace as she stared at it. Casey hung it up on a pegboard and she sighed softly at the sight of it.

"Derek's Humanity?" That is so far away and in between bullshit, even for him of all people." She muttered quietly to herself as she was shaking her head and she lay back in her bed, hoping that she could get to sleep.