Mysterious Staff

Toshinori and I walked into the staff lounge together to wait for principal Nezu. Teachers began to file in one by one and I recognized them from various news articles. It's no wonder U.A. was considered the best hero school with a staff full of such amazing pro heroes. I had always stayed away from the media. I felt my anxiety gnawing at my stomach that they would have a hard time trusting me because of that. Toshinori squeezed my hand to reassure me when he heard another crack of thunder. I gave him my best smile but I knew that Toshinori wasn't so easily fooled. Suddenly the door opened and a tall man with shoulder length black hair stepped through. He was the first one I didn't recognize.

"Aizawa! There you are, fashionably late as usual!" The blonde man, who I recognized as Present Mic, shouted.

Present Mic grabbed the strange man's shoulder but the man, who was apparently called Aizawa, showed no emotion or reaction. He had dark bags under his eyes and in the depths of his eyes he just looked tired. He intrigued me immediately.

"Who is that Toshinori? " I whispered, nudging him lightly.

"That is Eraserhead, Shota Aizawa, he will be teaching the 1-A hero course with you." He whispered back.

I nodded as I watched the man stand against the wall. He was wearing some sort of long white scarf and a black jumpsuit. Hanging around his neck were yellow goggles. He suddenly looked up and his eyes met mine for a brief moment before I quickly looked away, trying not to blush. Man, I hope he didn't realize I was staring.

My thoughts of the strange man were interrupted by the sound of the door opening. This time it was principal Nezu.

"Welcome everyone! I am so excited to start this new year with all of you! Before we get into schedules and classes we have a couple new teachers to introduce. " Nezu said cheerfully, taking a sip from his tea cup.

"Of course you all know All Might. " He continued.

I heard a slight scoff from the man standing by the wall and looked at him puzzled.

"However we also have a new face all the way from America, I hope you can all make (l/n) feel welcome, I'm sure she will fit right in. " Nezu said, motioning to me.

"Thank you so much! I'm honored to be here, please feel free to call me (y/n). " I responded cheerfully in perfect Japanese.

I looked up and saw everyone smiling, especially Present Mic, who seemed surprised I spoke Japanese. Everyone was smiling except Aizawa, whose expression had not changed the entire time. I took my seat again and principal Nezu continued.

"(Y/n) will be teaching English classes as well as a supplemental strategy class for 1-A." Nezu finished his introduction.

Principal Nezu continued explaining schedules as well as some new security measures being put in place. They had already sent out the acceptance letters following the entrance exam and classes would start next week. I was quite excited to meet the students. Toshinori had told me one of the students in 1-A had a lightning quirk. He is confident that I will have a lot to teach him with my quirk, black lightning. He also told me that his successor to One for All would be in class 1-A and, by the sounds of it, he will need a lot of help with strategy. I was just grateful Toshinori had finally chosen a successor, now he would have a chance to retire and rest.

"I'm sure this will be an incredible year shaping the next generation of pro heroes, thank you all!" Principle Nezu finished up his speech with a bow.

Everyone got up and I saw Present Mic walking over to me and Toshinori.

"Yo yo yo, All might, (l/n) come out with us! We are all going out for drinks later to kick off the new school year!" He said loudly. Everything he said was nearly shouting.

I smiled back. "I would love to, are you coming Toshinori? " I asked, looking up at him.

I struggled to keep up my smile when I saw that there was a slight steam coming off of his shoulders. I knew he couldn't maintain his hero form much longer.

"HA HA HA not today I'm afraid. I have some prior engagements to attend to." He boomed.

"Ok, I'll still see you tomorrow for dinner at your place?" I asked, trying desperately to keep the concern out of my voice.

We decided to start having dinner together once a week. It's my way of making sure he is actually eating and taking care of himself.

"Wouldn't miss it (y/n)." Toshinori said with a wave as he moved to leave. " Have a wonderful time all of you!"

Present Mic turned his attention back to me.

Let's go (y/n)! Come meet everyone!"

I grinned. He had a lot of energy, it would make it much easier for me to keep up my cheerful act.

"Lead the way." I replied

As we walked towards the group Present Mic walked straight up to Aizawa, who was still standing emotionless against the wall with his hands in his pockets.

"Come on Eraser, you are definitely coming." He practically yelled at him.

The man sighed and began tugging at his scarf.

" Of course Hizashi, wouldn't miss it." He replied

His voice was low and gruff. He said the entire sentence flatly, his face never changing expression. For some reason I couldn't understand, his voice made me blush slightly. I shook my head a little and straightened my staff across my back. Present Mic began introducing me to the other heroes gathered around us. Ectoplasm, Ms. Midnight, Cementoss, and Snipes all greeted me with smiles. I was actually starting to feel excited to go out with everyone. Present Mic introduced Eraserhead last, who just nodded at me.

This was going to be fun.