A New Beginnings Dinner

"Did he just kiss my hand?" I muttered to myself, staring down at my hand confused.

As Aizawa walked away I shut the door. I turned to see Toshinori looking at me concerned.

"(Y/n) I'm so sorry I shouldn't have let him stay. I was just worried about you and he wanted to apologize. I never should've butted in." He said apologetically, grabbing my hands.

"No, it's ok Toshi. You were trying to help. He says he won't tell anyone." I sigh.

I hugged him, my heart still racing as I thought about Aizawa. I must have been blushing because Toshinori started chuckling.

"He's under your skin huh?" He asked.

"I don't know. I don't know why he affects me so much." I answered honestly.

"He seemed really worried when he came looking for you." He said as we moved to the couch.

I sat down and Toshinori went to grab a black hoodie and sweatpants for me. I went to his room and quickly changed while he waited on the couch for me. I folded up my clothes and brought them to the living room, setting them with my bag. I sat next to Toshinori, rubbing my eyes sleepily.

"I invited him to dinner with us tomorrow, I hope you don't mind. I'm not even sure why I did." I said looking up at him.

"I don't mind at all, he's seen me in this form now. I am just glad you guys are getting a chance to start over before school starts." He said pulling me against him.

"Yeah I'm just realizing I don't have any other clothes." I said with a sigh as I laid against his chest.

"He's already seen you like this, why pretend?" Toshinori asked.

The hum in his chest was soothing. I felt like that little girl in the park again, falling apart until a hero came and rescued me from myself.

"I'm hoping to just pretend it never happened. I can just go right back to being happy and cheerful. Besides, if I seem like a sad mess he won't respect me as a hero." I said.

"Have you seen him? Darkness and exhaustion is his entire personality." He laughed.

"I suppose but he doesn't know me as a hero yet, what if he thinks I'm crazy or something. Heroes aren't supposed to be depressed and anxious. They should always wear a smile, like you." I said with a shrug.

Toshinori frowned at me.

"There are plenty of different kinds of heroes. You are a powerful and capable hero, you don't have to pretend to be someone else." He said, running his fingers through my hair comfortingly.

I yawned, stretching across the couch.

"Sleep (y/n), it will all be ok." He said gently.

I wanted to argue but I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I drifted off into a peaceful sleep thinking about Aizawa kissing my hand. His lips were so soft against my skin. I wonder what it would be like to kiss him.

When I woke up in the morning I was alone on the couch. I got up and stretched, walking to the kitchen for a drink. My head was killing me, I groaned looking at the light shining through the window. Toshinori had left a note on the fridge for me.

(Y/n) I am out

Running some errands.

I will be back soon

Help yourself to

Anything in the kitchen.

~Toshi