Healing

I heard beeping as I slowly woke up. I snapped my eyes open terrified as I sat up. I groaned in pain as I felt a wave of dizziness.

"She is awake! Come on you idiots she's up! Miss! Are you ok?" Was that Backagou?

I swallowed hard as I forced my eye open, I could only open one.

"Don't move damnit!" Backagou argued.

I ignored him entirely as I got up and hugged him tightly. I cried as I held him against me. I could hear the alarms going off from the monitors that had been pulled off as I moved.

"Baby come on, he's ok! Lay back down please." Hizashi begged.

I felt strong arms wrap around me and pull me back to the bed. I turned to see Aizawa holding me gently.

"Come on kitten please, lay down." He asked gently.

I nodded as I cried. A nurse reconnected the monitors and the alarms stopped. She left us alone and I turned to Backagou as I tried to catch my breath.

"Are you sure you're ok Backagou?" I asked frantically as I held his face.

"I'm fine! You're the idiot who got beat." He scoffed.

I laughed as I winced in pain.

"I'm so sorry kitten, I promised you wouldn't face him alone and I wasn't there." Aizawa said as he hung his head in shame.

I shook my head as I held his face.

"No Sho, I wasn't alone. Backagou protected me, he even...." I trailed off as I laughed.

I closed my eyes as I remembered Backagou shouting at my father.

I took a deep breath and groaned in pain as I stopped laughing. I turned to Backagou with a proud smile.

"You spit in his face! You actually spit in his face." I chuckled in disbelief.

"So did you Miss." He said with a proud grin.

"I did?" I asked as I closed my eyes trying to remember.

"Yeah, you spit a mouthful of blood in his face." He answered with a nod.

"I remember now, I only did that cause you were there. I was so scared you would have to see him...." I trailed off in disgust.

"You did wonderfully Backagou, that burden never should have fallen on you. I'm so sorry you had to watch that." I said softly.

Backagou held my hand and looked at me warmly.

"I'm sorry you got hurt so badly Miss." He said with a sigh.

"I'm ok really, don't worry about me! You should go home, I'm sure your parents are worried sick." I said.

He nodded as he stood to leave. As he got to the door he turned back.

"Miss (l/n), I'm not saying they didn't deserve it, but I'm sorry your parents died." He said quietly.

I nodded to him as tears welled up in my eyes. As soon as he stepped out of the room I began to cry uncontrollably. Backagou was so kind, he watched how bad it hurt me when Storm died. He never should have had to see all that.

Aizawa and Hizashi moved to each side of me and held my face gently. The pain exhausted me as I cried.

"I'm going to get a doctor to come do something about the pain." Hizashi said concerned as he stood to leave the room.

Aizawa cradled my face gently as I tried to wipe away the tears with my bandaged hands.

"Shhh, kitten. I got it." He cooed softly as he wiped the tears.