Mending

After a short ambulance ride I watched the doctors bustle around urgently in the aftermath. A nurse put in an I.V. to give me blood as the doctors looked over my injuries.

"I'm terribly sorry, but I'm in a hurry. Please stich me up the best you can, then I have to see Nighteye. I promise I will come back to be treated properly, but there is no time." I explained urgently.

As the doctor looked into my eyes he decided not to argue and began to stich up the bleeding holes in my stomach and leg. Once the bleeding was stopped I stood slowly. Hizashi rushed in as he watched me confused.

"What are you doing up already baby?" He asked me worried.

"I have to see Nighteye. It can't wait. Midoryia first though." I answered simply as I wrapped the hospital gown around myself and pulled my I.V. pole behind me.

Hizashi seemed concerned but didn't argue as he followed me. I burst into Midoryia's room and sighed in relief as I looked him over.

"Ms. (l/n)! You're ok!" He gasped.

"Of course I'm ok! A little spike isn't gonna keep me down." I laughed.

"Please, how is everyone else?" He asked.

"I can fill you in." Aizawa said flatly as I looked up startled.

"Oh good! You're okay too!" Midoryia said relieved.

"Sho! Glad to see you sped back up." I said with a grin as I kissed him.

"Shouldn't you be resting?" He asked me as he crossed his arms.

"Later, come on.... Fill us in." I pouted.

Aizawa nodded with a grin as he led us down the hall.

"Sorry I couldn't be with you at the end, when it counted." Aizawa said with a sigh.

"It's all right. Please tell me-- how are all the others?" Midoryia asked.

Aizawa took a deep breath as I held his hand.

"Kirishima's covered with bruises and lacerations from head to toe, but he'll live. Amajiki cracked a bone in his face, and he has some other minor injuries, but none of them should leave a scar. Fat Gum has a few broken bones, too, but he seems mostly fine otherwise. Luckily, the blade that stabbed Rock Lock didn't hit any vital organs, so he should make a full recovery." Aizawa explained.

"I'm so glad." I said with a relieved sigh.

"Um, sir, what about Eri?" Midoryia asked concerned.

"Still feverish and sleeping fitfully. She's being quarantined for now." Aizawa sighed.

"Quarantined? Really? So does that mean I won't be able to see her?" Midoryia asked sadly.

"You know, they made that call based on your description of what happened back there. She's got a dangerous Quirk and no control over it. If something provokes her enough to activate it again, I'm the only one who can stop her. You were only able to touch her because you kept destroying your body faster than she could rewind it, right?" Aizawa asked.

"Yeah." Midoryia answered.

I started to sway slightly as Aizawa turned to me concerned. He reached to pick me up but I put my hand on his chest and shook my head.

"Your stitches Sho." I reminded him.

I smiled warmly as Hizashi picked me up and cradled me against him. Aizawa smiled before continuing.

"There aren't exactly a lot of people who could pull that off. And even if there were, who's to say how powerful she really is? We have no idea what her limits are. Teaching her control will be especially hard since her Quirk only seems to work on people. When you're training on live subjects, the danger is exponentially greater. Her emotional state will be a factor, too. With so many unknowns, it makes sense to keep her quarantined. For her sake, as well as ours...... In other words, we can't depend on the girl or her Quirk right now." Aizawa said calmly.