Chapter 1

Hello people. This is my first written story EVER, so excuse the mistakes. I am trying my best to describe the action that's happening in my head. Hope you'll enjoy "Prison Chic" as much as I do.

In some chapters I'd put a pictures of the people that resemble my characters, so look out for them. in this chapter I've linked Joanna's. Hope you approve!

Thanks for reading

Red..

"It’s going to be ok, you just need to relax".

Joanna wasn't relaxing. Not one bit. She was arrested for extremely assaulting a citizen, who by the way wasn't as innocent as the court had decided. She was sentenced to spend one year in prison. And to top that, she was threatened to be killed there before she even stepped a foot in the place.

How on earth did things get to this? Oh, right. She never controlled her temper. Apparently defending someone in a dark alley where no witnesses were available meant you were the bad person in the eye of that damn judge.

"Joanna do you understand the situation?" Mark's voice cut through her thoughts.

" Mark! There's no way this would work!" She snapped at her cousin.

"Well, got any other brilliant ideas?" He countered.

"Nothing that would top yours, it seems." She slumped back at the chair.

Mark sighed heavily, "You are in a shitty situation, Joanna. You assaulted one of the Mafia's most powerful leader. Talk about being in a wrong place at a wrong time. You have the worst timing, cuz'." Mark was trying to sound understanding but the sarcastic tone at the end didn't help the matter.

"So let me get this straight," Joanna started, leaning forward at the table, " you want me to cut my hair short, wear a tight shirt and pretend to be rough man in an all guys prison? Is it only me who can hear the insanity in this??" Joanna threw her hands up in exasperation expression.

"Will, your tiny boobies won't be a problem and you are rough by nature, I couldn't recognize you we're a girl until you reached sixteen." Mark laughed at his own joke and then stopped when he received a murderous look from Joanna.

He cleared his throat and said, "all jokes aside Joan, you are in a tight spot right now. My sources say that the man you assaulted was in a discussion with the victim you tried to save. Apparently no one was supposed to hear that conversation. You, my very unlucky cousin, did. And they want you dead." He sighed. "they might want you dead anyway since you beat the man senseless." He continued trying to add humor to the sentiment. He failed.

"And where does a lawyer like yourself get his infos from??" Joanna asked.

"Cousin, do not underestimate a mighty lawyer's power." He winked at her, pointing a thumb at his chest.

Joanna put her head between her hands and looked deeply at the wooden swirls on the table. They were sitting in the visiting room of the temporarily jail. Why could no one believe she was targeted if there was no evidence. And no one believed she was helping someone out because that someone happened to comment a suicide right after she saved him, on the same spot. she cursed softly.

That night. The most unlucky night of her being. And for someone like her, she had been through multiple unlucky situations in her life before her untie, Mark's mother, took her away from the crazy home she'd spend her horrible childhood in. She raised her head and looked at her cousin, "so what are the chances of my survival if I did this?" She asked. 

"Well, if you stayed out of trouble and kept your identity a secret, I'd say 90 percent." Mark answered.  

"Why 90?" 

"Because I am not sending you to the best prison there is, its reputation is very bad cuz'. But because of that fact there are  few benefits for you. For example, the showers are somehow separated for more privacy." he explained.

"And why would a prison with this reputation cares about privacy" 

"AHA! Good question!" Joanna rolled her eyes at Mark's enthusiasm. "Because they want to minimize the accidents." Mark said. He must have seen the look on Joanna's face because he continued, "it is going to be crazy and scary an dangerous, but at least no one will know you, while almost in every women prison, your head have a price. You are well known now!" 

Joanna looked at him, "That's one of your sources infos too?" She smiled cheaply but he was dead serious when he answered her "Joanna, cuz', I am serious about this. I know you've been taking your life lightly up till now, but I really care about you."

she looked at him with a shadowed expression. "What about you, Mark? You'll be fine, right?" She said in a concerned voice, which was so rare to hear from her.

Mark took her Hands in his and looked into her eyes. "No one knows we are relatives, as far as anyone's concerned I am your lawyer. Nothing more." He told her but she didn't seem convinced.

"Don't worry I have a plan. I'll be unreachable." He beamed his silly smile to her and she chucked at it.

"Yeah, right." She averted her eyes away from him. "So there's no other way." She asked, keeping her gaze away.

"Am sure the judge is cooperating with them. So his goal is the same as them." He answered. "I'll take care of the papers, you take care of yourself in there. Absolutely No one should know about you." He insisted, she nodded without looking at him. He continued, "I have a dear friend in there that I trust. He didn't promise to get involved but I’m sure he could help you out if something went wrong."

Joanna kept nodding. There was nothing to say. She was done for. That what she always thought, but this time it seemed real enough.

Mark chucked as he said "it's good you have a black belt in whatever martial art you went through."

She smiled. "Am a badass in street fighting too." She grinned, looking at the far wall of the room. "Hell, I beat a mafia's ass." Now she was laughing hysterically at the irony of the situation, what got her in this mess might help her live through it.

Mark grabbed her Chin with his hand to make her look at him when he realized she started crying. "You are going to be fine." He said to her teary eyes in an assuring voice. "I'll do every thing in my power to help you out. You can count on me, cuz'."

Joanna wiped her eyes with the back of her hand and nodded jerkily. "Am going to get through this." she said with shaky voice. She wiped her nose with the back of her hand and grinned. "It's either that or dying".

P.S. to readers:

Hope you liked Chapter 1 of P_C. I promise you a journey of awesomeness and action! a little romance would be mixed in too, but that's not all.

Comment your thoughts and ideas throughout the chapters, I'd love love love to read them. And Vote if you like, it'll mean a lot.

Love ya,

Red.