Death.. and Love

The picture on the right is how I picture Sara Lazar!

Kevin's special chap... continues...

Kevin finally found out which jail Sara was kept in. he got inside to see her.

“Kevin!” Sara called when she saw him approach her cell room in the temporary jail.

“What the hell, Sara?” he asked as he reached her behind the bars.

“I was careless, I know. I’m really sorry.” She said, her eyes genuinely apologetic. “Please get me out, Kevin.” She begged.

“I don’t think I can do that.” Kevin said, shaking his head while rubbing it with his palms.

“How’s daddy?” she asked, her tone softening.

Kevin was silent for a moment, not really sure what to say.

“Kevin?” she urged.

“He.. He’s not doing very well, Sara.” He told her sympathetically.

“Oh, no!” She said and covered her mouth with both hands, tears started dropping violently.

“Please, let me go see him.” She begged again and he wished that he could help her.

“Did you have your hearing?” he asked.

“Y.. yeas.” She said with shaky voice, trying to wipe the tears out of her face.

“what happened.” Kevin asked, referring to the hearing.

“Umm,” she started, trying to focus, “they referred me to a trial.” She said and he sensed that she didn’t know how bad that was, for her situation that is. Kevin cursed softly.

“What?” she asked, picking up on his mood.

“How’s your lawyer?” he asked her.

“I don’t know. He was assigned to me. I guess he’s close to my age.” She said, trying to remember something useful.

“Shit.” Kevin muttered. Of coarse they’d assign a straight-out-of-college rocky. She had no hope. Unless!

Kevin got an idea. It wasn’t the brightest one, but it was the best he could think of.

“What? What is it?” she asked when she saw his calculating eyes.

“I don’t really know if I can get you out. But I’ll try.” Kevin said and turned around to leave.

“Kevin.” She called and he stopped. “Why are you helping me?” she said.

He had to look at her for a moment before he answered, “I seriously don’t know, Sara.”

And with that he left. He had to work fast because Ray had so little time left.

Kevin reached the hospital Ray was in, but instead of going to Sara’s dad’s room, he went straight to the room Mark Boyd was in.

When he reached the room, he didn’t find the usual blonde girl who never spoke. But there was an apple in her place on the ground.

He went inside the room and halted at the scene in front of him.

Mark was sitting on the chair, grief so obvious on his frame as he bowed his back forward and held his head between his hands, his nose almost touching his knees. The woman in the bed was covered in white sheet. Even her face was covered.