Chapter 24

Monday is finally here XD Kyaaaaaa!

When the lunch was over, Julian went looking for Hank and Joan. He needed to apologies, even if she doesn’t accept it, and he had a good feeling she won’t. But he had to assure her that he wouldn’t tell anyone about her.

He found out that keeping her secret was greater to him than being beside his dying mother. It was a new feeling for him.

“Joan.” He called when he spotted her among the crowd who were leaving the food hall. She was alone, and she didn’t turn at his call.

“Hey, stop.” He said as he lightly grabbed her arm, she jolted away immediately, turning around to face him, and taking a few steps back.

“Stay away!” she warned between gritted teeth. He noticed that her eyes were still red, and that she was obviously frightened. He hated it.

“Look, I’m sorry.” He said. “I am really sorry.”

“I don’t care!” she said in exasperation. Well, he expected that.

“I don’t want to hear it. And I don’t want you to be near me anymore.” She said fiercely, slicing her arm in the air.

“Relax, I won’t tell anyone.” He said, taking a few steps toward her but she backed a few.

“I don’t want you anywhere near me!” She repeated.

Julian knew he had to accept her hatred, that he had to let her got, that he hurt her so much, but his ego just couldn’t shut up.

“You know you can’t do that,” he said cockily, looking down at her, “We had a deal. And you know what uncle Sam would do if you broke the deal.” It was too low even for him, but he wanted her beside him again.

She walked a few steps toward him and stopped right in front of him, extending on her toes to be close to him when she whispered,

“Then I’d rather get stabbed to death than be anywhere near you!” she hissed at him before she left him there, resenting himself to death.

“You do deserved this, you know.”

Julian shut his eyes tightly when he heard Hank say behind him.

“Could you just tell me, why did you do something like that? And to Joan too! I just can’t believe you did this, I don’t get it!” Hank blurted out quickly in frustration, walking around to face him.

Julian opened his eyes slowly and looked at his fuming friend.

“You know, it’s really weird.” Julian only said, laughing softly with no single hint of humor.

“What?” Hank asked, both angry and confused.

“After all I did to you, all these years, why do you keep thinking that I am a good guy, hmm? Why do you still look up to someone like me.” Julian spat at him.

Hank looked at him for a few moments, saying nothing.

“You know what, if you’ve asked me this two hours ago I would’ve gone on and on about how great you are,” Hank started, “but now, I really don’t know why, Julian, I honestly don’t!” He spat back at him, snarling, and Julian couldn’t help but look away from the only person who used to admire him before.

“Here,” Hank said suddenly and Julian looked at him. Hank was extending a few papers to him.

“What are these?” Julian asked as he took the papers from him, dreadful to find out.