Chapter 37

It was dark, peacefully dark.. Like no other darkness.

Joanna woke up suddenly by the piercing light of sunrays than invaded the room. She squinted a little before realization downed, and she looked to her right.

And there he was.

Julian was sound a sleep and almost completely wrapped around her. She took a moment to study his sleeping face. This was the first time ever that she slept on a bed with him. He looked like a young boy… his breath though wasn’t as it tickled the side of her neck as he breath soundly.

She remembered something and she felt self-conscious when she realized that she was stark naked. But that wasn’t the problem at the moment.

Suddenly she felt it….. She had to pee. Shit.

She tried to slide very slowly out of Julian’s grip. Fortunately, it wasn’t so tight and she got away successfully without waking him up. She looked around and noticed her jeans shorts at the end of the room and blushed at the memory. Julian had tossed it far when he successfully remove it last night. She took a deep breath and looked at his blue shirt, the one he was wearing the day before, and picked it up and wore it.

She looked at his face again. Wow, she thought, I slept with Julian Drake… and I had no nightmares whatsoever.

Quietly, she made her way to the bathroom outside the room. She remembered Julian find it the previous day before he finally found the room.

She opened the door and stepped inside but immediately stepped outside again. Crap, it was too small.

Joanna gulped audibly before she stepped inside again and focused on the toilet seat. She sat down and stared at the open door. She couldn’t close it. She only hoped Julian won’t wake up and see her. That would be embarrassing.

When she finished, she went to the living room. Damn, this seemed so normal. Waking up, walking through the apartment in her boyfriend’s shirt while he was sleeping in the other room with no care in the world, except, ofcourse, that the police and the mafia were looking for her.

She walked to the small kitchen that was only separated from the living room by a small breakfast island.

She made her way around it and started opening the cabinets. Isaac really perfected the job. And she was so hungry.

Julian’s eyes flew open and he immediately swiped his hands around him but she wasn’t there. Before he could act upon it he noticed what woke him up in the first place.

The unbelievably good smell.

Was it pancake smell? He could swear it was even though he didn’t smell it in more than he could remember.

Quickly he jumped out of the bed and walked through the small apartment to where the smell was most strong. The kitchen.

And there she was, with his blue shirt he wore last night. She was so indulged in what she was doing that she didn’t notice him behind her. he staid like that for a moment, staring at her back as she worked her way through the kitchen like it was the most natural thing to do. She knew exactly what she was doing.

Julian made a sound with his throat and Joanna jumped unexpectedly making him laugh at the reaction.

“Shit, Lian! You scared me.” She said breathlessly, clenching the blue shirt over her stomach before she suddenly looked vulnerable.