Chapter 26- part 2

Joanna opened her eyes to different surroundings than the one she had been in for almost three months now.

Everything was white, warm, and quiet.

“Oh, you finally woke up!” A husky woman’s voice said to her. Wait, woman?

Joanna jolted her head up quickly, which made her groan with pain at the sudden blood rush.

“Who…?” her voice cracked and she had to clear her throat al the while squinting her eyes to clear her vision.

“I am Chelsea Heisting!” the woman said, and now that Joanna could see her clearly, she noticed that she was wearing a white coat. “I’m the clinic nurse!” Chelsea continued.

“C.. Clinic?” Joanna felt her face drop in shock.

“Yeah, you had a very high fever! The guards said you collapsed.” She explained but Joanna was to busy making sure that she was still wearing her cloth and realized that she wasn’t. She was wearing Julian’s jumpsuit though, with no underwear. Oh, shit.

“Don’t worry, kid. She’s just going to prescribe a medicine for you and we’ll get you back.” Joanna turned her head to the left and saw Kevin standing there, leaning back toward the wall.

Joanna shut her eyes and exhaled in relieve.

“Could you unbutton your suit so I could auscultate your lungs?” Nurse Chelsea said.

“No!” Joanna barked. “I mean, I don’t.. Feel comfortable.” Joanna stuttered.

“Oh.” Chelsea said, sounded disappointed. Joanna looked at the woman, she was 6’2’’ Maybe and she was so beautiful. She had a long brown hair with golden streaks embedded in them. Her eyes were narrow and grey, and her smile was wild with a very white sit of teeth.

Just like a wolf, Joanna thought. Chelsea was smiling down at her sweetly but Joanna didn’t feel the least bit relieved.

“Ok, so I will give you Flutab. It’s really sedative and would help with your mild flu.” Chelsea turned around the bed Joanna was laying on and took a medication film out of the drawers of her white disk. She popped out two pills and dropped them in a tiny plastic cup and handed it to Joanna.

“Twice a day.” She instructed and nodded with her head toward Kevin, “He or another guard will give you another dose after twelve hours, so, at five A.M.”

Joanna noticed that Chelsea was saying the instruction with an appropriate smile. Seemed to her like a mischievous one, but she was sick and that probably why she couldn’t trust this woman.

She gulped the two pills without averting her eyes away from the nurse.

“Ok, I feel good. Can I go back now?” Joanna said with a very cracked voice and started to leave the bed when she noticed that she was injected with fluids in her right wrist.

“Oh, ofcoarse. Once you finish this.” Chelsea said, gesturing to the transparent fluid that was dangling on a metal hanger above Joanna’s head.

They stayed like this for another few minutes, Joanna staring at Chelsea, Chelsea smirking at Joanna, and Kevin watching the two of them with confusion.

“What are you smiling about?” Joanna challenged, frowning at the tall beautiful woman.

“Oh, nothing. It’s just that I always had a fetch on cute looking men.”